Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cutting coils....

well what do you guys think.. will a 5" drop in the front be higher then what I have now?

In the rear I Cnotched the frame and the axle sits just like where the frame use to start. I want the truck pretty much level but I would like to get over an average speed bump with out scraping.

If so I guess I will get the 3" drop springs... Im not sure if I want to get stockers and chop them way down.

I was checkin out BlazerINtheWork 's blazer and how he did the 6" drop with 245/40/18 .. he said he had some crossmember clearance problems and it rode like a sled.

I check it out on a tire calculator. with my 225/50/15

I sit .9 " 's lower than whatever he does.

So if I did a 5" drop in the front I would pretty much be sitting at his 6" drop.

Do you think it would be wise to run a 4" drop see how it looks take the settling factor into effect and maybe cut a tiny bit off to end up with like a 4.5 " drop?

you need to figure out how much you want you front then just do that 4.5" or 4.2.5" or whatever you need to make it like you want.
    If you can't do your custom work yourself then sell your ride.

Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    what all do you have for drop parts again?

the rear sounds about like a 5'', front sounds like a 6'' drop. if you plan to keep the rear like it is, i say 3'' coils. sucks you live so far away, i have some spare springs.

with my 6'' drop up front, the fender lip was like 25.5 inches and settled to 25 even. yours looks a little lower, but that seems to be because of the tires.

i currently have a 4/4 drop, i have no problems at all for a daily(50 miles daily). pics in the "www" thing under my post.
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

what all do you have for drop parts again?
    Thats the problem When I bought the truck it had dearched leafs and the drop coils. I dont know how much each of them are. I believe the leafs are 2-3" 's. I cut like 2 more inches off the coils and it was just a bit too much :mad:

I think your right with the 3" coils im just really scared that I will do it and it will still be a bit on the low side and then Ill be pissed. Whatever I do I will be about .9 " 's lower than you. so a 5" drop for me is like a 5.9 " on ur truck. Although my tires are bran new, and you said yours were bald.

I kinda feel like im asking alot of questions for a simple thing. But when you take all of the factors into play its alot of thinking.

Thanks again Greg

Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    it maybe as low as mine was, prolly be about half an inch higher, but you will still only have a 5'' inch drop compared to a 6''. thats an inch more of travel than i had. you also have some tire, i had low pros which don't help ride quality.
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

right now I still have some travel but not the ride height.. the front skid plate scrapes everything. I'm a little scared a 5" might be pushing it. I might go with 4" and if it needs a little more I can adjust it.

Originally posted by shortygy
    right now I still have some travel but not the ride height.. the front skid plate scrapes everything. I'm a little scared a 5" might be pushing it. I might go with 4" and if it needs a little more I can adjust it.
    did you not have 4" in the first place?
    I thought you said you had 2" spindals and 2" coils to start with.
    was it not low enough before or what was the reason you wanted to do all this?
    If you can't do your custom work yourself then sell your ride.

I dont know what size coils those were. It was a good inch or 2 higher then the rear. That is why I wanted it a bit lower. Now the fronts a bit lower than the rear. If I knew what those coils were I wouldnt have all these problems I guess.