Thread: Layed Out Question

Layed Out Question

I'm new to posting, and know a little about bags and blazers. But I have one question before I buy wheels. Can I lay out on 20's in the rear, and 18's in the front of an 88 2WD blazer(2door)? I have(or i am installing) an Alter Images 4 Link, and Alter Images Blazer frame notch. Do I need to notch the cross member above the drive line?
    The back is already all hacked up, and I'm gonna tub the rear. I'm also plan on cutting out my inner front fenders. I'd like to go 20's all around, but hear it's alot of work.
    Any input???:confused:

The front is bagged with 1/2 fast bags, and 3" bell techs. The bag will have 1/2 fast bags over the axel.

ya it will fit, theirs a 1st gen s10 pickup in the new truckin that lays on 20's in the back and 18's in the front

anything will fit, just as much work as you want to put into it i guess

to lay frame you need to notch the crosss member above the drvie shaft

Yo 40oz, how much did the 4link and the frame notch run you?
    ________
    THE CIGAR BOSS
    Last edited by LFBmike; 05-05-2011 at 02:17 AM.

The four link was like $550, the notch was like another $150. It's kinda expensive, but the stuff is just for Blazers, and while I haven't fully installed it, it looks tight. First class workmenship, and the shit fits good. The shipping is real fast. So far I would recommend it.

On the cross member notch.... I have FBI monster notches that I'm not gonna use, could I use one of those (with a little bit of mod?) Or would it better to use something else?

streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    Where are you bolting the triangulated links? Steve from AlterImages said something about cutting the floor out above the crossmember to attach them?
    Doug
    '85 Blazer...bagged, small-blocked, back-halfed and body dropped
    http://streetissuecustoms.com/salesban_3.jpg
    Street Issue Customs

For all your custom fiberglass, interior or stereo needs... Epicenter Designs

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

you will have to notch the cross member for the d shaft and you will have to cut out the rear wheel wells and put in tubs but it will lay out if you do this.. the tubs in the new issue of minitruckin a cool as hell you can get them at a trailer shop. i think they look way better then dragster tubs.
    wicked to the bone i am
    you can meet me in the dark if you think im playin 4 DOOR LOVE

Yes you have to cut out the floor(i've done that). The upper links bolt to cross member above driveline (the one I gotta notch). Who much notch will I need (cut for a little clearence, or step notch it like my frame)

what truckn' mag i looke hrough mine like 3 times and there was no s-10 layed out on 20's and 18's. oh yeah i am looking at the september issue did you mean the august issue?
    94 sonoma full bagged and hell yeah it hops. all done by myself with no air tools all hand tools. draggin door by August

The August cover truck is laid out on 18/20s
    '05 Altima 3.5SE
    '06 Yukon SLT

streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    Originally posted by 40ozman
    [B]Yes you have to cut out the floor(i've done that). The upper links bolt to cross member above driveline

did you hafta raise the floor at all? or can you just drop it back in th stock location? Keep the back seat??

get some kickass tubs here... http://www.4trailerparts.com

here is a direct link to the tub page... ]http://www.4trailerparts.com/html/pr...ubcat=afenders

My buddy just got a set to tub his firewall on his fullsize...they are nice.

Last edited by Dragginblazer; 07-11-2002 at 08:23 PM.
    DFWminis.com
    AIM s/n Dragginblazer

No way i'll reuse my floor. no way it will fit over all the mods, and allow enough tire clearnace. Hey draggin blazer, thank's for the pic, it gave me a good idea.