Thread: Shaking won't go away!!!

Exclamation Shaking won't go away!!!

When I'm at a slow roll the truck kinda wobbles from side to side, like when you have warped rotors, but all my brakes are new...and it shakes bad at about 70... I replaced the inner and outer tie rods, adjusting sleeves, and the idler arm last night...and it still shakes. What's left that it could be now. I put the stock tires back on and it still shakes...so??? and another thing, i did an alignment a few days befor the idler arm...and about 50 miles later it was off...the adjusting sleeves were in the same spot as when i tightened them... can anyone help???
    4 Door Love

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/849089

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    possibly get another alignment?
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    Did you check the ball joints? how about the control arm bushings?

Idler arm? Try this. with the car on the ground, have someone turn the steering wheel back and forth real fast. while their doing that look underneath for play in all suspension parts
    84 xCab S-15. No longer ugly but still quick

did u try ur wheel bearings?
    Originally posted by bigjsp
    I'd love to keep the blacks and other contributing members of society around. Move the niggers and wiggers and all those who think they are "owed a living" to Austrailia.
    2 DOOR LOVE

Upper ball joints are new...lowers are fine, and i havent checked the wheel bearings...but i dont hear noise from them, so how do I tell??? the only answer that i get from people i know is " it's because of the stick-outs" but it was doing it with the stock tires befor that. I'll check the rest of the front end when i get home. Thanks...

...and when it shakes at 70...it doesnt do it all the time...it'll ride smooth for a minute and then start to shake to the point where my cd player skips...lol
    4 Door Love

juack up the truck with a jack under teh lowere control arm so the suspension is compressed

this is what i had to do to find out my bushings were bad, i never had a vibration but it would pull real hard to both sides

Does it feel like the shaking is coming though the steering wheel or the seat? I have the same problem with my wifes 97 blazer and I can't find out why it shakes at 65-70. Hers it feels like it's coming through the seat.

I have the same problem with it shakin around 60-70...im gonna get an alignment and make sure the rims and tires are balanced...but other than that idk what else i should do
    1989 Blazer, 2.8l, 5 speed, 2WD, 2DR
    Things Done: Lowered 3/4, Euro's, Interior Swap, 2nd gen, Primered, Tinted 5% all the way around

Plans: Custom Interior and Lowered More

well...all my wheels are balanced...so that's not it, bushings are good...i'm thinking that it's the link/bushings on the link...that that connects the tie rod??? anyone know if that can be/ should be replaced? And at times...the steering wheel shakes really bad, and then it stops for a lil bit, but i can still feel it from under the seat...lol, my trucks posessed.
    Last edited by jusplayn85; 05-31-2005 at 12:06 AM.
    4 Door Love

Well maybe wheel bearings they would prob pull or vibrate when you stoped too maybe an alignment you should always do one sfter replacing suspension parts like idler arms. But just to give you a place you may never check idea. "Prob Not the Problem jus a suggestion" Mine would viberate bad when i would hit the gas at higher speeds and let off a lil bit when i let off the gas but it was bad through the steering wheel and seat feeling It was cuz I hadnt checked my trans fluid in a lil while and it was running low "yeah i'm a dummy not to check it" but i added some fluid and it stoped
    Bakers Custom Auto

Personal Projects

Current Projects
    1989 2 Door Blazer
    1994 4 Door Blazer (Old Body)

Future Projects
    1983 Camaro 327 Corvette Engine
    1968 Camaro 327 Original

drivers side wheel bearing and new u-joints :) thanks for the advice... it's so nice to be able to take the thruway to work and do the speed limit...lol...
    4 Door Love

could still be the tires. i had goodyear wrangler tires on my front and my truck would shake like crazy. then i got new smaler tires and stoped the shaking. and the old tires were balanced perfect.

also, cheak your U joints on your driveshaft
    1989 merkur XR4Ti
    1987 merkur XR4Ti

megasquirt 2 extra EFI

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    A balanced tire does not mean it is perfectly round! I've seen a lot of fucked up tires that would balance out on th emachine, but would never give a smooth ride in a million years. Even tires with broken belts!

broken belts suck