Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Brake/Tall Spindle????'s

i didnt drive it so i dont know, maybe cuz its a much bigger vehicle, i wonder did they make the taller spindles that still used the same rotors and calipers as the g body andthe s-10's, we didnt compare them... if that is the case then this mod still can be done to use the vett stuff, ill have to looks some parts up tomorrow

I haven't made any progress on this yet. Got sick, got drunk, the dentist took my money, graduations...

Got to get it going though. I need new tires. Whatever I decide is going to affect the backspacing choice for the front wheels. Looking at custom Centerlines 17X9.5 with 5.5" BS for the rear and 17X8 with either 4 or 4.5" BS depending on whether it's S10 brakes or the big brake/spindle swap. Then I get Toyo FZ4's or whatever the new number is in 235/40-17 in the front and 255/40-17 in the rear. I think the P4 actually comes in a 275 so it has an 11.1" tread width. I know it's not the greatest tire in the world but it puts the most rubber on the road and will last more than 10k miles. I looked at Yoko AVS's, Goodyear Eagle GT's and Toyo Proxie S/T but the treadwear and price didn't quite fit my plans.

Almost got my console finished though. Had to stretch it out so the T56 shifter would fit where the removable tray was at. Just need to finish the lid.
    Gotta get rid of these left over 95 Camaro parts. Need doors???

The tall spindle should push your front track width out about 1/2". I never measured, so I don't know for sure.

For 8" rim up front, your gonna need 4.5" bs on a stock suspension, probably close to 5" if you do the swap.

I've only dealt with 18's with that much bs on the front. That might hit the tie rod, I know it would have been close in my truck if I had smaller rims.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

Yea, I have heard of everything between .440" to 1/2". I can get the centerlines in 1/2" increments. And I really don't want to end up with spacers.

Went for a drive last Thursday with my bike in the back. Local road called Germantown Rd. It's got quite a few turns ranging from 25 to 40 MPH. I was planning on having a nice mellow ride up the hill in 4th gear when all of the sudden a BMW 5 series appeared behind me. Well, so much for being mellow. I started picking up speed into the turns to the point where the tires started complaining. hmmm, not bad. The beemers still on my butt. Hit an 1/8 mile straight stretch dropped into 3rd and punched it. Where'd that beemer go? Took him a couple of turns to catch up.

I was fairly impressed with the way the Blazer handled. The Torsen T2R posi is sweet. I surely would have lost it with the gov-lock that was in there. I would have done a lot better if I was shifting gears, had the spindle swap and something better than the 235 tires.
    Gotta get rid of these left over 95 Camaro parts. Need doors???