Thread: 02 EXTREME questions

02 EXTREME questions

I am lookin at an 02 blazer extreme and had some questions for u guys...
    I drove it today and I noticed that it has blue turn signal lights (the ones right next to the headlights, not the ones underneath) and they blink really fast. Because of the bulb? the parking lights don't work, neither do the airdam lights. And when you turn on the parking lights or headlights, the blinker lights (on the dash) come on and stay on (not blink) like I have my hazards on. Also the blazer shifts under 2300rpms through all gears. Did the previous owner change shift points or something?? other than that it runs fine

what should I look for when looking to buy this truck?? will changing the blinker bulbs to aftermarket ones affect the rest of the electrical that much??

quick help please!
    8================D

Knob Noster Occupation: Pimping you out. Photoshop Diety.

Sounds like the turn signal lights have gone out. This will cause neither of the bulbs to turn on, the arrow lights to turn on when you have the headlights on, and the other lights to blink really really fast. Just replace them all and you should be good to go. Airdam lights are probably just a blown fuse or the bulbs are bad.

I have no clue about the shift points.. I control my own . :D

Originally posted by otter

Sounds like the turn signal lights have gone out. This will cause neither of the bulbs to turn on, the arrow lights to turn on when you have the headlights on, and the other lights to blink really really fast. Just replace them all and you should be good to go. Airdam lights are probably just a blown fuse or the bulbs are bad.

I have no clue about the shift points.. I control my own . :D
    appreciate the help man....if I wanted to get the shift points back to normal, I don't need an expensive programmer do I??? how would I go about getting it done?
    8================D

here's the deal

I possibly have someone that will buy my 99sblazer for 6K...they want 14K for the extreme that has 40,000 miles

it has all the normal shit done K&N, optima, flowmaster, shaved, alarm, tint, blah blah and my blazer in bone stock except for all the prep work I have done to bag it, but it wouldn't take me but a weekend to take it all back out

so basically, I would be getting rid of my 99 and getting the extreme (which I would then bag) for 7K if I can get the guy down to 13K

7K is right on the line where it alomst is and almost isn't worth to me b/c I could probably put 7K into my 99 and make it nice BUT I can't finance 7K for 4.7%.......kinda get what I am saying?? worth it? yea or nea?
    8================D

I say, if your 99 is a 2 door, try to find an Xtreme body kit and what not and turn the 99 into an "Xtreme". That just seems like the cheaper alternative to me. Unless you're just wanting sometyhing new.

Find out if it has a Hypertech programmer or a PCM reflash (mach performance, pcmforless.com, etc.). That would change the shift points.

Be sure to check around the intake manifold for any leaks. Mine developed a leak around 30k miles and had to be replaced.

also - did the previous owner attempt to put dual exhaust on? If so, check the drivers side brake lines to make sure they haven't rubbed/melted. learned that lesson the hard way:mad: