Thread: clutch problem

clutch problem

I have an '88 s10 p/u and my clutch went out in my driveway. It worked fine a couple days ago and recently it would make a lil knocking noise when I was in neutral & the pedal all the way out. So yesterday night I was gonna go to see my g/f & I had the truck in neutral w/ the clutch pushed in & it started right up so I tried to put it into gear & it wouldn't go. What do you guys think is the problem ?? You think it's the throw-out bearing or maybe the clutch plates ???? Any help would be appreciated.
    ^___$#@l\l{___^
    '99 bagged 4.3L s10 wrecked, parted, junked
    '88 4x4 2.8L s10 SOLD
    2000 Dodge Dakota bagged and laying trans crossmember

www.dailydriven.net

sounds like u have a hydrolic clutch...

if so...u could be out of fluid, slave sylinder has done out, possible clutch fork come loose of bell housing, clutch out or throw out bearing shot

if u have a manual clutch...

throw out bearing could be shot, clutch shot, clutch fork.

i'm assuming u have resistance in the pedal
    Originally posted by bigjsp
    I'd love to keep the blacks and other contributing members of society around. Move the niggers and wiggers and all those who think they are "owed a living" to Austrailia.
    2 DOOR LOVE

I do have a hydrolic pedal..... I checked my fluid & it's full...... I have another tranny, could I put it in to fix any problems or does that not matter ?????
    ^___$#@l\l{___^
    '88 4x4 2.8L s10 SOLD

www.dailydriven.net

i don't think it matters...ur clutch is not letting the gears slow down enough for u to put it in gear... might want to check ur slave cylinder, if it's gone out, when u press that pedal, it's not going to push the clutch fork which will not activate the clutch. if that's not it, i would say check ur t/o bearing, and since u'll have ur tranny and everything out, might as well check the clutch and flywheel too

but, yea, deff sounds like u have a clutch problem, not a tranny problem
    I'd love to keep the blacks and other contributing members of society around. Move the niggers and wiggers and all those who think they are "owed a living" to Austrailia.
    2 DOOR LOVE

aight, I appreciate all the info.... cause I really need my truck I have to go to work next week... I guess I'm gonna have to work on it all week..... thanks for the help
    ^___$#@l\l{___^
    '88 4x4 2.8L s10 SOLD

www.dailydriven.net

no prob....nah, u shouldn't have to work on it long at all...it takes me like 4 hours to replace my clutch...

but watch out, if u DO replace the clutch, make sure u tap the pilot bearing in there good...it fucking sux when that bitch rolls on u and u lack 1/2" from the tranny going completely in.
    2 DOOR LOVE