Thread: Help, need to get my stock fan off my 4.3!!!

Help, need to get my stock fan off my 4.3!!!

It's a 2000 4.3, I need to get the stock belt driven fan out so I can put my electric fan in. I got some tools from autozone but they don't look like anything I could use on the fan, 2 wrenches one 40mm and the other 48mm and then three double sided wrenches you turn with a 1/2 ratchet. I'm stuck here somebody help me!!!
    Completion Date- Whenever the hell I get time

if i remember correctly you have a thread on fan, i can remember off the top of my head if it has reverse threads, but for some reason i dont think it does

what i do is put a big adjustable wrench on the fan nut and then i use a large screwdrive and get leverage on two of the four pulley bolts

works like a champ for me

thanx man I'll have to try it tommorow

Vent- went and got a new ABS sensor for the front wheel today, that SOB cost me $62. I'll be a little more carefully next time when I'm tying the rotor up on the frame so it doesn't fall and pull the wire out of the sensor!

dont ya hate it when stupid stuff happens

i did something similar when i swaped my rears, first i broke the bleeder off one wheel cylinder then the second one i told my mom to pump it up when the drum was still off and it expanded to far and pissed itself

how fucking stupid am i i sat there and watched it all happen and it didnt register

yeah, it's a Hemi getsalatahead's Avatar

Re: Help, need to get my stock fan off my 4.3!!!

Originally posted by lowLIFEBlazer
    It's a 2000 4.3, I need to get the stock belt driven fan out so I can put my electric fan in. I got some tools from autozone but they don't look like anything I could use on the fan, 2 wrenches one 40mm and the other 48mm and then three double sided wrenches you turn with a 1/2 ratchet. I'm stuck here somebody help me!!!
    if your talking about taking the fan offa new blazer. u have to unbolt the fan b4 the pulley bolts. like Tippmann said about the fan nut being threaded. you have to take that off. changed one too many waterpumps on them things...

The Baby Seal Says: drewdaddyblazin's Avatar
    when i did the v8 converson on my 96 back two summers ago, i couldnt get that fucking fan off lol.. Used an electric hack saw lol...

The fan remover i seen at autozone is like 2 feet long, its huge... So if you dont have one hell of a wrench id get one lol...

-drew
    (08:25:41 PM) AndySeals355: shes one of those jesus loves everyone types lol
    (08:25:42 PM) Zachary188: when she's ontop you'll have the cross necklace hitting you in the face!
    (08:25:49 PM) AndySeals355: LMFAO

Never Finished
    its got standard threads and if you take an air hammer to it it comes right off. Just did that today actually.

still no luck, if I don't get it soon I'm gonna bring out the saw-zall(sp)