Thread: Cooling Help

Draggin Body

Cooling Help

When we did my 4.3 swap, we set it back just a hair too far and the truck is together, so the 4.3 fan wont fit, we have a 2.8 fan we bolted up and it fits good, but is it enough to cool the 4.3?
    -B

Driven Customs - Eastern OK

91 S10 std cab shortbed - swapped from 2.8 5 speed to a 4.3 with a 700r4 automatic. 15" 95 Sonoma wheels, black rattle can for now. Future plans are 98 s10 grill, sheetmetal bumper, shaved upper bodyline, bags/bd on 20" BAD gunslingers, stroked ls1, etc. etc.

I 4got Everything I Knew SCarolinaBlazin's Avatar
    the only time your engine is cooled by the fan is at lower rpm`s. you should be fine.

You know if you can pick up a electric cooling fan for it that might help alot also. You might even be able to do run the cooling fan with out the 2.8 fan on it.

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

Draggin Body
    I would but i gotta get this going and make sure nothing else is wrong with it, i gotta drive it 1300 miles to VA next thursday.

I'm gonna pray the 2.8 cools it enough for this journey, when i get back i'll get a taurs electric or something.
    -B

Driven Customs - Eastern OK

91 S10 std cab shortbed - swapped from 2.8 5 speed to a 4.3 with a 700r4 automatic. 15" 95 Sonoma wheels, black rattle can for now. Future plans are 98 s10 grill, sheetmetal bumper, shaved upper bodyline, bags/bd on 20" BAD gunslingers, stroked ls1, etc. etc.

You know if you have to drive that far and are not sure about the cooling I'd get one now and put it in or add it to what you have just incase. You know one out of a 86 camaro that has a 2.8 would be enough. That is what I run on mine. No cooling problems unless my rad gets dirty. Even if you get one and just carry it with just in case would be a good idea. You never know what might happen.

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.