Thread: V8 Manifolds

V8 Manifolds

ok well the v8 manifolds im running had an ass load of air tubes in them 4 in each to be exact

i put some allen head screws in to plug the holes adn they are hard as hell to thread in, but i got them all the way in

now im worried about them leaking when i go to use them

is there some sort of sealant i can use or should i just run a weld bead abound the bolt? they are realy rusty so im not sure if that will work or not

also anyone got any ideas on how to get out broken studs, all my 4 of the studs that connect to the y pipe are busted

the only thing i can think of is drilling them out

thanks in advance

-mark

Manifolds are cast iron and so your not gonna be able to weld them very easily.

If your worried about them leaking then pull your allen head plugs out and go to the hardware store and get the right size and right thread ones. Then clean up your manifolds so they go in easier.

For the studs you can try vise grips or weld a nut on them and see if they are easy to come out. They probably wont be. So then you can either heat up the manifold right where the stud is with the torch and try and work the stud out or you can drill/tap the old studs out. But if you decide to heat it DO NOT HEAT THE STUDS because they will break lol. only put the torch on the Manifold when your heating.

Good luck
    06 ccsb 2/5 drop, SS 20's, 370, L92 Heads, LT's/ORY, 237/242 .603/609 112, 2pc. driveshaft, 4l80e, 3500 stall, 12.8 @ 106

Camaro Roadster Buggy
    DailyGrindFabrication

the bolts i put in are the right size/thread, they were hard to scre in for some odd reason bu they are the exact same thread as what came out?

can i put some pipe dope on them or something like locktite

might want to check the temperatures those 2 can withstand. If you really want to seal the plugs up with something you can get some muffler sealant (cant remember the name of the stuff) but it comes in a tube and it dries hard as a rock.
    06 ccsb 2/5 drop, SS 20's, 370, L92 Heads, LT's/ORY, 237/242 .603/609 112, 2pc. driveshaft, 4l80e, 3500 stall, 12.8 @ 106

Camaro Roadster Buggy
    DailyGrindFabrication

yeah thats what i was trying to think of

that stuff you can smear on exhaust leaks and it fixes them for ya

good idea

and i think im just gonna drill/ tap the hole

if i didnt have emission this would be so much easier:evilfu::bird: :evilmad: :bang: