Thread: 01 blazer extreme lowering...

01 blazer extreme lowering...

I GOT AN O1 EXTREME IM GOIN TO BE LOWERING I HAVE 20'S ON IT AND WANT TO LOWER IT 2IN IN FT AND 3 IN THE REAR JUST WONDERING WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT OF BELL TECH DROP SPINDALS AND BLOCK FOR THE REAR, ALSO WHO GIVES THE BEST PRICE FOR SUCH A PRODUCT

THANKS FOR ANY HELP

Truck is FOR SALE
    Belltech spindles and blocks are a good way to go.

Check www.summitracing.com that is where I got my kit. Hey what part of Philly you from.. I live in Andalusia, just outside Philly.
    2002 Chevrolet Blazer 2-Dr 4x4 -Sold

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - Current

Looking for 2wd Blazer for toy..

Knob Noster Occupation: Pimping you out. Photoshop Diety.

belltech is the only one who makes spindles for the extremes...
    2/3 drop is about it unless you want an extra half inch or inch and a half (you won't...for a little while).

With the spindles, you have to cut the upper control arm lip off, otherwise your brake caliper will hit it (the bolt that holds it in place), and you may want to trim your dust shield as it may rub your lower control arm.

With the blocks, you'll either need to reinforce your brake line by adding a sheath around it, or flipping the brake line so you don't rub a hole in it from the frame. Make sure you get an alignment asap b/c the toe is going to be way out on both sides.

That's about it, I'm still trying to find out if anybody is having issues with pinion angle, or driveshaft shortening... I'm contemplating bagging it really really soon, so I'm not sure if I'll really worry about it until later.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by otter
    [color=indigo
    With the spindles, you have to cut the upper control arm lip off, otherwise your brake caliper will hit it (the bolt that holds it in place), and you may want to trim your dust shield as it may rub your lower control arm.

With the blocks, you'll either need to reinforce your brake line by adding a sheath around it, or flipping the brake line so you don't rub a hole in it from the frame. Make sure you get an alignment asap b/c the toe is going to be way out on both sides.
    [/color]
    This goes for my Jimmy with a 3"4" also right ?? I got spindles and blocks.

It's douche, but you can spell it knightrain420 also...

Depends on if you have the sealed bearing/hub assembly in the front. But with a 4" drop in the back, it's probably in your best interest to flip your brake line, or reinforce it somehow.

When you put the spindle on, and get the brake rotor/caliper hung and in place, turn the assembly lock to lock and see if the top bolt on the caliper hits anywhere, if it does... you need to cut your upper control arm... I cut the lower part of my dust shield because I didn't want to put it on and hear it squeeking (I think it's only for people with 16" rims... ).

Any more questions just post them up.

http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showt...threadid=51142

Your the only complete answer I have really gotten. Thanks.

It's douche, but you can spell it knightrain420 also...

Posted in your other thread with directions and instructions... hopefully you havn't tried cutting your spindle yet.