Thread: gap between wheel/quarterpanel larger on one side

Question gap between wheel/quarterpanel larger on one side

does anyone else have this problem? All stock right now so no drop or anything touched yet. The passengers side has more distance from tire to quater lip. Around a good 3/4 to 1 inch. I just purchased the truck (`99 blazer, 4x4, 69,000, real clean) Hope she wasn`t plastered in the side. It doesn`t seem to have any body repair to the point of shifting a axle over. Just wondering if this was common alone with the lean. Both my last two leases leaned. A 1999 and a 2002. Now I finally bought one so I can modify it instead of just the ussual bolt-on crap everyone else has.

SIk Addictions
    I WOULD DO A CARFAX CHECK ON IT ALOT OF LEASES ARE TO RENTAL PLACES AND YOU KNOW HOW YOU WOULD DRIVE A RENTAL!! I KNOW HOW I DO ITS LIKE A 2 DAY TEST DRIVE TO BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THE CAR AND THEN TAKE IT BACK LMFAO:rofl:

every blazer/s-10 does it.. its commonly known as the chevy lean.. no big dea..l its usually not as noticible at stock height tho.
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

i am having the same problem with my 93, i was actualy gonna start a thread about it

my left rear sits at 28 and the right rear sits at 29

the front has almost no lean

left front 26 1/2 RF 26 1/3

ive got 196xxx iles and i know the oroginal owner hauled a lot of stuff so im thinking the leafs are wore out

:dunno:

I`m sorry, I wasn`t clear in my ?. I was refering to side to side, not hieght. let`s say I was tucking my rims , one side would hit the quater the other would tuck. Hope that explains my problem better.

my bad i mush have read that wrong

but thats fucked up

IMO the "chevy lean" is caused from the extra weight of the gas tank on the drivers side plus the driver always being over there too.
    06 ccsb 2/5 drop, SS 20's, 370, L92 Heads, LT's/ORY, 237/242 .603/609 112, 2pc. driveshaft, 4l80e, 3500 stall, 12.8 @ 106

Camaro Roadster Buggy
    DailyGrindFabrication

Originally posted by 4.3 zach
    IMO the "chevy lean" is caused from the extra weight of the gas tank on the drivers side plus the driver always being over there too.
    nah its not.. its just how the truck sits.. im SURE its not cuz of the gas lol cuz im always at 1/4 or less..

lilbushhead.. i mis-understood your question.. take it to an alignment shop and let them check it out .. it could have been hit and pushed the rear over a little bit you never know
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

Originally posted by 4.3 zach
    How do you explain it on blazers where the tank is centered in the rear?
    this is a test of the sig

lilbushhead

For some reason on my first gen I had a centering problem. Mine wasn't too bad. 1/4" I'm linking mine so it'll be all centred anyways.
    I Cut To Drag

2nd gen 2dr blazer has the tank in the back. 4 dr's have it in the side. but thats not the case.

i would say the truck could have been hit on the side. maybe swayed the rear frame over. check out the bushing on the leaf springs and see if any look screwed up.
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)
    THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SMOKING A FORD

thanks guys i`ll be checking it out when I either do leafs or blocks.

on my truck it was very noticable. I had the drop spindels on and I put brand new beltech 2" springs in and it was like 3/4" higher on one side. So I cut a little tiny bit off the spring and it pretty much sits nice an even now.

satisfied me anyways.