Thread: rear leafs shot?

rear leafs shot?

ok guys i was doing some measuring and noticed i have a rear lean and not a front lean

the left rear is lower then the right rear by 1"

also before when the front was lowered 2" and the rear lowed 3" the back sat lower by about 1"

so i have come to the conclusion that my leafs are a little saggy, is there anyway to bring them back to stock, or once there bad are they bad, someone mentioned having them rearched, is this a good idea

swap them from side to side and see if it levels out. if you want your springs fixed just get new ones because when rearching you always run the risk of them not being even when weight is applied (i have heard horror stories from people ruining good leafs becasue they got them dearched)
    06 ccsb 2/5 drop, SS 20's, 370, L92 Heads, LT's/ORY, 237/242 .603/609 112, 2pc. driveshaft, 4l80e, 3500 stall, 12.8 @ 106

Camaro Roadster Buggy
    DailyGrindFabrication

maybe ill just buy some new leafs

was reading the other post and i do have a completly full tank of gas, ill measure it after i put some more miles on the truck and see if less gas levals it out a bit

yeah, it's a Hemi getsalatahead's Avatar
    it's the chevy lean. get used to it mark. ur gas tank and ur weight are both on the driver side. so it will lean to that side.

on a side note, i have the same lean in my blazer and my gas tank is BEHIND the axel in the middle