Thread: 4.3 supercharger

4.3 supercharger

who makes a supercharger kit for a "01" 4.3 blazer. i want to go with Vortech but the kit thay offer is for 96-99. if i buy that kit , what problems will i run into. also who makes a cam shaft to acomidate 7-9 psi.

Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    i don't think i have ever seen a 4.3 supercharged around here that has not had major tuning problems.

better off buying a v8 if you really want to go performance.
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

Truck is FOR SALE
    Powerdyne or Wynjammer The Wynjammer will work as long as you don't have air injection (k18) Powerdyne makes kits for trucks with or without Air Injection. AIR injection require powerdyne kits with headers and are available for 2WD or 4wd blazers. if you don't have AIR injection Powerdyne kit (K10528-101) Works for Non-AIR injection trucks, and that is the kit I am running. $2475.00 + Shipping and Wynjammer is 2500.00 + Shipping.
    2002 Chevrolet Blazer 2-Dr 4x4 -Sold

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - Current

Looking for 2wd Blazer for toy..

1Low... can you post pictures and how does it run? Can you tell a big difference? Im just wondering because I noticed how cheap the price was on the one you got compared to the Vortech one... Thanks for any info bro.

1Low... also I just went to the Powerdyne website and the cheapest one was $3550, where did you get it so cheap at?

superchargersonline.com has them for that price!
    Otter fan club CEO

Originally posted by SpikesBlazin
    dont worry i like them black too. :omg:
    "A little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in GOD."
    Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

Never Finished
    Check out this site http://www.machperformance.com/
    they offer a turbo setup also

Truck is FOR SALE
    Originally posted by drkvmpyr
    Check out this site http://www.machperformance.com/
    they offer a turbo setup also
    I looked into many kits, but the Powerdyne was a straight forward install and the Performance is pretty good. The Powerdyne Kit is better than the Wynjammer, cause you won't run lean like the Wynjammer does. It's an easier install that aq Vortech supercharger or a Mach kit, and a lot cheaper than the Mach kit. If you a do it yourselfer, Powerdyne of wynjammer is the way to go. But if your looking for more power and are more of a advanced mechanic.. Vortceh or Mach would be the way to go.

BUT POWERDYNE IS THE ONLY SUPERCHARGER COMPATIBLE WITH A.I.R INJECTION!!!!! Unless Mach is, but I know Votech isn't
    2002 Chevrolet Blazer 2-Dr 4x4 -Sold

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - Current

Looking for 2wd Blazer for toy..

ROSHAMBO anyone????? LOWnSLOnoma's Avatar
    the quickest and easiest way undoubtably is powerdyne its just not the best but if u have a 2000 or above for some reason they include the headers in the kit but not for the 99 and below, hopefully its a help my buddy got a price, baggd2daxtreme, from mothers of 2650 picked up at the store for a 03 s dime:bigthumb:
    in life ups and downs are ok but sometime you just gotta stay LOW

_____ I[__\\.___
    [_(o)__[____(o)_]

"SLOWRIDE"

Originally posted by 1Low4wd
    I looked into many kits, but the Powerdyne was a straight forward install and the Performance is pretty good. The Powerdyne Kit is better than the Wynjammer, cause you won't run lean like the Wynjammer does. It's an easier install that aq Vortech supercharger or a Mach kit, and a lot cheaper than the Mach kit. If you a do it yourselfer, Powerdyne of wynjammer is the way to go. But if your looking for more power and are more of a advanced mechanic.. Vortceh or Mach would be the way to go.

BUT POWERDYNE IS THE ONLY SUPERCHARGER COMPATIBLE WITH A.I.R INJECTION!!!!! Unless Mach is, but I know Votech isn't
    More power has nothing to do with the name Vortec or Mach performances ATI kit. There kits offer more boost and also sometimes intercooling and that can be done with any kit. The Wynjammer will fit with air injection with a minor bend to the drivers side air tube and you could get a FMU to run more fuel pressure and still be way cheaper than any other kit.

Besides the Mach Kit (ATI) has had more than its share of problems from the unit itself to the sellor and shipping of said kits and I dont think there even offered anymore. Vortec kits using motor oil seem only to last 20-30K tops before the head needs rebuilding due to bearing failures and really only can be rebuilt once before its trashed. The other kits have there share of problems but not as severe in longevity as that. Its a risk with any kit really and something you must take the brunt of and be ready for. Turbos, S/C's, blowers of any kind dont last the time the vehicle will. 30-80K is the average life span of all of this stuff including the piston rings and seals.

Thats the exact reason Im doing a full rebuild b4 I get my s/c. I want everything working without prob for as long as possible. The powerdne at the $2500 price is 7psi but u can buy a pulley the sell and move it up to 9psi, that my goal.
    Otter fan club CEO

Originally posted by SpikesBlazin
    dont worry i like them black too. :omg:
    "A little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in GOD."
    Francis Bacon (1561-1626)