Thread: 2000 blazer w/ 5speed trans prob

2000 blazer w/ 5speed trans prob

HI all i am new to this forum i have a 2000 chevy blazer with a 5speed trans 4.3l v6 vortec (262ci) i reciently have been having a prob with the trans or at least thats what i think it couldn't be my clutch it is still catching but one day i have had a check engine light on and it was for evap emissons so i replaced my gas cap and the code cleared now all of a sudden when i go to drive no matter what gear i go to when shifting my truck bucks and jerks at high and low rpm i was told its not the trans but could be my injectors or my fuel pressure regulator i have no check engine light on and i need my truck to get to work havent driven it since scared i will cause damage can anyone help me:) i also heard from someone at autozone that the injectors on my truck were giving problems so gm came out with a newer style is this true could this be the prob? i was then also told to try to add injector cleaner and posible change my trans flud i did a complete tune up on truck but couldn't get the fuel filter changed the lines were rusted i was told my fuel filter could be clogged? can anyone out there help me thanks:)

Replace your fuel filter first. Cheapest/easiest and the most likely. Could also be your fuel pump.
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service

5speed trans problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Replace your fuel filter first. Cheapest/easiest and the most likely. Could also be your fuel pump.
    thanks i will give that a try and let you know what happens:)

Sounds like the fuel pump might be going out.. Make sure you have 60lbs of fuel pressure. I think it needs at least 56lbs not to misfire.

Mine did that before it died, also first time I started it in the morning would crank over 2-3 extra times before starting.
    Last edited by jcs499; 09-29-2009 at 11:11 PM.