Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Upper Control Arm Bushing

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005

    Upper Control Arm Bushing

    I need to replace the bushing in my upper control arm. Do they have to be pressed? Do you all recommended having a mechenic change them. thanks

  2. #2
    it fell? otter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Knob Noster Occupation: Pimping you out. Photoshop Diety.

    Take it to a machine shop or a implement dealer, anywhere that would have a press. They do have to be pressed out and then the new ones have to be pressed in. You can do it yourself, but it's soooooooooooooooooo easier to just have somebody do it with a press.

  3. #3
    Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Columbus Ohio
    if you replaceing the rubber factory ones withe urathane you can due it your self like otter said just a matter if you wanna take the time or not.

    if you due do it, just burn the rubber ones out. you will most likely have to reuse the metal bushing. the you can push the new ones in if you have a vice.
    pic's of what my blazer used to be

    custom parts are built not bought

    When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

  4. #4
    tom dick lilblazerjant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Henderson, TN
    i have heard another way is to... put all your new parts in the freezer,like overnight, then heat up your control arm.... and drop the cold bushings in and tap on them with a hammer till they are in there.(never done it but i heard its just alot easier to put them in that way)...
    91 s10 blazer, 4 door, everything shaved and cadillac tailights, bagged on some 18x8 inch billet specialties, working on bodydrop and gettin paint...

    92 s10 blazer white, dropped 4-5, 18 inch billets, street scene mirrors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts