Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5/6 Drop

5/6 Drop

Finally got the rest of my shi# to complete my 5/6 drop on my 87' S10. I already had 2inch drop spindles up front, and 3inch blocks in the back. But i just got my 3inch drop coils, and 3inch lowering leaf springs and 2 sets of toxics. Should be low as hell, ill post pics when complete, doin it all day saturday. Just gotta find me some 18's.

hey i don't want to rain on your parade but did you get a c-notch bcuz from what i gather anything lower than 5" you need to notch it. It happened to BL2. I'm about to drop mine 5" but don't have a C-notch. I figure i'd do it right the first time.
    "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty."
    - John F. Kennedy

Nah, i should, but see im gonna do it the cheap way. I have some stiff but soft rubber, prolly about a 1/2inch to 3/4's of an inch thick that im gonna slap on either on the bottom of the frame rails, or on the axle tubing, you cant even see it if you look underneath of the truck. I have like this 3M crap, that is like 20 times stronger than super glue, its really for commercial use only, but who cares, im using it. So i know these little pads arent going to move at all.

phat96
    Dude You hould Notch it.

Thats the reason I only did 4/5 becuz I didnt feel like notching my frame,

The ride is going to shaky as hell

I love it when that shi# bounces though, i mean thanks for the advice, but ill just have to deal with it, cause for one, i dont have any money to do it, i just got the rest of my stuff for the 5/6 drop $400, just got my headunit $300, trying to buy these eclipses $300, an amp $400, etc., tryin to find some 18's, need paint job, and interior tweeded out. My as# is going broke, and i wasnt even planning on spending a lot of money on this truck, i have a race car im building and thats where most of my money goes, but all of a sudden, its goin to my truck, persuations a bitc$. But thanks for the advice, but ill let yous know how it rides, cause im putting all of on all day saturday, so ill keep yous up, and ill take pics.

if your rear comes incontact with the frame it will really fug u up man, all that money will go down the drain when it starts driving sideways or worse, and anyway as long as your gonna lower it go all the way, and don't spend the money on a notch build ur own, it ain't hard, took me an hour today to build mine and i will be laying frame
    http://groups.msn.com/ExoticCustoms

this link is for my truck club, feel free to join the site is still being built but most of it is up and running.

http://www.exoticustoms.8m.com

muhahahahahaha(evil laugh):D
    check this link out:)

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/sierranaked.jpg/

my frieend has had his 5/6 drop kit on his blaze for like a year and a half his shit is perfectly fine now you can notch your frame for a 5/6 but it not necessary.
    94 sonoma full bagged and hell yeah it hops. all done by myself with no air tools all hand tools. draggin door by August

I love it when that shi$ bounces anyway.

Banned
    i thought you had to c-notch the frame on a 1st gen blazer though if you dropped it 4/5?...

I have an S10, people say you should c-nptch it, but im not.

phat96
    4/5 no
    5/6 yes

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    when I had my S10 (pickup) at 5/6 I had less than an inch of travel in the rear. It rode pretty badly. I ended up changin out the 3 inch blocks for 2 and now it rides ok. Pretty good actually considering its 5 inches lower than it was designed for.

See, im tryin to put my shi$ on the floor, i just have to deal with the frame rails hittin the rear. I mean i fabricated like these pads that im gonna sit on the bottom of the frame rails, so when they have contact, it doesnt bang too bad, well see how it works.

For a 4/5, you need to cut the front bumpstops 1/2 and cut out the back bumpstops completely. As for notching, on a 5/6 yes.
    "It's not called cheating, unless you get caught."

-Al Bundy

If he had an inch travel with his 5/6, then im straight, thats all i need to fill with those pads, beleive me, its cool. I mean i have a cutter at the shop anyway, if i need to , i know what to do.