Thread: 4.3cpi?

4.3cpi?

anyone know why my 92 4.3 cpi cuts off when i let off the gas and brake fast? not every time just every once and a while.:mad:

Could be a bad EGR unit.. are you getting any SES (service engine soon) lights?? I know my truck use to surge when I let off the gas and braked.. And then once it cut off when I let off the gas... Could also possibly be a Throttle Position Sensor??? Anyone else have any ideas on this?
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

sometimes my ses light comes on but most of the time its not on

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    the blaze i just bought does the same thing..........i noticed it yesterday.....when u let off the gas real quick it wants to die......but umm i have no clue what it is....check ur egr though...cuz i know my truck needs a tuneup bad...but im not puttin anymoney into the 4.3......but yea.....that is the weirdest thing haha
    ________
    Universal health warehouse
    Last edited by supernova; 02-26-2011 at 01:05 AM.

Owner/Pimp of "Green Ho"

Cool It would help...

Originally posted by PEWTER BLAZER
    sometimes my ses light comes on but most of the time its not on
    if you would read the codes that were stored in the computer when the SES light came on.:rolleyes:
    '94 Jimmy, 4.3 CPI, CFM Stage III heads, competition valve job, Ferrea stainless valves, Comp 1.52 rollers, ARP studs, K&N FIPK & CAI, Stage II chip, 160 stat, #60 electric fan, UD crank pulley, Zexel w/3.42, B&M Shift+, Dynomax SS UltraFlo catback, Jacobs ignition w/UltraCoil & 8mm Taylor Spiro-Pro, #1 RapidFires

To read the codes, turn your truck off and look under the steering column and youll see a black thing with like i think 16 prongs where you can plug it in at... what you do is take a piece of wire and stick one end of the wire in the far upper right hand prong, and then the other piece ofwire in the prong just to the left of that... (I use speaker wire, it works fine).. then, turn your ignition to the on position... now, watch your service engine soon light.. It will flash 1 time, pause, and then 2 times, and that is a code 12, telling you it is in diagnostic mode.. it will do this 3 times.. after the third time, count the flashes before the pause and then the flashes after the pause.. post that code up on here and we'll go from there....
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

its flashing the codes 24 and 43 what are they

code 24 is the vss (vehicle speed sensor)Is someone trying to keep those miles off by disconnecting the speedo!!!LOL Code 43 is the esc (electronic spark control) My first guess was the fuel filter, but after that code i would plan on replacing it too. It could possibly be the knock sensor, or the esc unit itself that is mounted on the firewall near the ac blower if i remember correctly.good luck!!
    94 4dr
    Just started pimpin it out!!