Thread: CPI conversion

Question CPI conversion

Right now i have a rebuilt 4.3 TBI in my 92 Blazer and to be blunt it pretty much sucks, it has no wheres near the power that i was expecting, the guy who put it in has said that many of the new GM rebuilds have for some reason appeared weak in other cars he's done, anyone know about that.

My main question is though is I was wondering how much trouble would it be to convert the engine to a CPI intake. I'm guessing that i'll probably have to get the computer, but is there also sensors or other things to worry about? Thanks for any help

On a side note does anyone have any information on this truck
    http://www.blazinlow.com/carshow/sho...e=DSC00271.jpg
    i really like how it was done and i'd like to find out what was done to it.

Thanks
    Stock 92 S-10 Blazer
    4.3 TBI

If your thinking of converting from TBI to CPI, why not just save yourself and just go for the V8?? CPI has problems and issues just like the TBI does.. I dont think the power increase for a CPI will be what you are expecting.. That truck in that picture isn't a Blazer, its a full size, in case you didn't notice(and I didnt mean that in an asshole way, just making sure you didnt just glance at it and think it was a blazer)..
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar

Re: CPI conversion

Originally posted by huh

On a side note does anyone have any information on this truck
    http://www.blazinlow.com/carshow/sho...e=DSC00271.jpg
    i really like how it was done and i'd like to find out what was done to it.

Thanks
    Its a fully shave FULL-SIZE Tahoe. My guess is a throty 350 and bags are also the unseen mods other than its layn frame...
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar

second look....

my bad its not fully shaved. It still has the handels and antenna, and it also seems to be on 20's...
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

Yeah i was sure it wasn't a blazer but i just wanted some info on it, thanks

as for the CPI i want that because i figure it will be better on fuel and some more power. I commute about 45 miles one way to work and it's about 550 one way to school, so the truck sees mostly highway use(yeah a smaller car would be nice for the long commutes but i also like having the four wheel drive for the winter at school which is near buffalo).

But what specifically would be the problems with the CPI, i know that my fathers 94 blazer had more power and a little better fuel mileage than mine with a CPI. I'm just trying to figure out my options because a V8 conversion is pretty much out of the picture right now(way too costly for me to do it right). or any other suggestions to improve either fuel efficiency or power(not looking to make a performance engine, yet, but something to improve it for now).

Thanks for the input
    Stock 92 S-10 Blazer
    4.3 TBI

why dont you look into upgrading the ignition system, and maybe tinkering with the tranny. I put a B&M shift kit in my blaze and that seemed to feel a little better power wise due to the hightened shift points. Or check out turbocity.com they sell an upgrade for your tbi.
    urbanchaosvideos.com

|Tony Low Supporter| #13 BlazinSoon92's Avatar
    when you said 550, did u mean 550 miles to school? cuz that is a SH*TLOAD of miles......over 4 hours just for school
    PATRIOTS - 3 TIME CHAMPS!!!
    Chris Army - a subsidiary of Tony Low

Originally posted by dbornotdb

My mom dried my Spiderman underoos and the bottoms shrunk, so I need to hit up Wal-Mart for a new pair. If you feel like you need to go home again, I'll comfort you and let you hold my blanky. It protects me when I am feeling lost. Pillow fight! YIPPEE YIPEE *prances around happy*

yeah 550 miles to college but i still make at least 5 or 6 trips during the year
    Stock 92 S-10 Blazer
    4.3 TBI

i want cpi, im not a fan of tbi, my 4.3 seems sooooo sloowwwww, my friend has a 98 FULLSIZE pickup with a 4.3 and it smokes me, maybe cause his is a five speed, but damn its a full size it has such a better throttle responce and so much more top end power