Thread: I am having hard time finding a 2WD Blazer.

I am having hard time finding a 2WD Blazer.

Hi guys, i am new to this forum,,there is alot of info to be had here. my questions is as follows, Up here in Oregon (salem) there are very few 2Wd blazer/jimmy's, does anyone here know if you can put 2dw suspention under a 4wd blazer/jimmy? I see a post about 4wd torsion bar tricks Can someone help me, with this? With a 4wd, how low can you go, compared to a 2wd? Thanks in advance, JPT

Hey,
    I'm in Salem also, I will keep my eyes open. You looking for a first or second gen. Have you checked the truck trader?

Check the classifieds in here. I just seen one in Surrey, BC for 3200 obo. That's like 2600 in USD. Surry is just across the Washington border on I5. about 5 hours away.

the frames are different up front, the 4wd is 2in wider on each side, so just swapping arms or anything is outta the question, i am rollin a 6/6 daily on my 4x4, and now that i have an alignment its only getting better! :cool: but i can't use my 4x4 turning at all or else my cv shafts will bind, i gotta pull my halfshafts before long!
    p.m. me with any t-bar questions you have man!
    NEW RIDE 89 s10 std cab shortbed 2.5 5 speed 2WD slammed 6/5
    90 4x4 2dr, primer, 18's, 4.3, rollpan, 6/6 slam, SOLD
    The only ford i would drive is a courier!

talk to tony sport.......... He is in Florida but has a clean 2wd, and many parts to V8 it. was in th 1000-1200 range so you have quite a bit of money left for a roadtrip or shipping

thanks for the input, I will contact Tony,and check out the traders as well. After seeing bmxr4life87's Blazer, can you use your 4 X 4 at all? I may just get a 4 WD 1 St generation blazer,,and be done with it, I like to get up on the buttes, and hills up here camping. with a bagged 4 WD I can have both worlds,,lol. This is a awesome forum,,i hope to learn and contribute as well. JPT
    Last edited by JPT; 09-10-2005 at 10:51 PM.

Problem solved!

I found a mid 80's 2WD, I had talk to a older couple who have a POS that he wanted to fix up, they called this morning,,and told me I could buy it. $300 and I will own a !st gen Blazer, I will post pics soon. JPT