Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fresh rebuild now not starting

use Fed-Ex I want a bonus Mr Bravada's Avatar
    cool, cool, thanks again
    2000 Bravada
    "Big rims are like chicks wearing thongs, anyone can put them on....But that doesnt mean it looks good"
    VP S-Clusive Alaska Chapter
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2218780

STFU YOU MOFO!!!!!!!!!!! 96scraper's Avatar
    Originally posted by Mr Bravada
    cool, cool, thanks again
    When the piston number 1 is at the top take a look on the distributer to see what wire number it is pointing too...should be number 1. Number 1 should be marked on the distributer cap or just follow the wire back, also make sure you have all your wires hooked up right. Your firing order is 1-6-5-4-3-2 Start at number 1 on the dist cap and go in a clockwise rotation hooking up the wires so 1 then 6 then 5 ect...... the numbers are on the cap... so its pretty easy. Standing in front of the blazer with the hood open you have 2-4-6 on the left then 1-3-5 cylinder on the right.
    Last edited by 96scraper; 09-21-2005 at 04:08 AM.
    Originally posted by thechariot
    go punch him in the dick.

Originally posted by RustyButTrusty Asshole Drivers - 0, Me - 1
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2117279

1996 Silver, Black int... many mods.....

thanks guys we're headed outside right now... and there is freakin frost on everything.......
    2000 Bravada
    "Big rims are like chicks wearing thongs, anyone can put them on....But that doesnt mean it looks good"

matt had an interesting point though... what if when we were intalling the timing gear we had the two marks opposite instead of facing each other? wouldn't that in theory do this as well? and that would kinda explain how we can't get it to seem to fire? or it just a wasted thought?
    2000 Bravada

matt had an interesting point though... what if when we were intalling the timing gear we had the two marks opposite instead of facing each other? wouldn't that in theory do this as well? and that would kinda explain how we can't get it to seem to fire? or it just a wasted thought?
    that could be to. the dots should be facing each other. if i remeber right. i would try to see TDC first. seeing your gonna have to rip the water pump and what ever else in front of it to get to the timing chain and gears
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)
    THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SMOKING A FORD

we tried the TDC thing with the screwdriver and it sounded like it wanted to fire but still sputtered out the TBI like before
    2000 Bravada

where did you start number one on the cap? should be one of the front ones(closer to the front of truck). its the one closer to the driver side
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)

ahhh, for us it was closer to the rear of the cap... is that wrong? and what about the lines on the dampener?
    2000 Bravada

ahhh, for us it was closer to the rear of the cap... is that wrong? and what about the lines on the dampener?
    Look on the cap for the wire numbers.... as for the timing..the notches on the 2 gears should point at each other as they turn and pass each other...you know there is only 1 way the gear can fit on the cam...so make sure they line up as you rotate your engine. Dont worry about the lines on the dampener till after you get the engine running...sounds like your close...but a little off. If its trying to start it sound like the timing is off. I would bet the gears. If it trys to start but kicks and backfires then your distributer is off.

nimber one is closer to the front. the line on the dampener is gonna be your timing mark. should be set at zero.

once the truck is running. there is a plug under the dash on the pass side. its a brown wire with a blck stripe. unplug it. grab a timing light. hook it to the battery. hook the other wire on the # 1 plug wire. the line on the dapener should line up with zero on the timeing mark. you could only check the timing with the motor running

dont mind my spelling. the red wine kicked my ass tonight. im buzzed,but i know what im talking about.
    WWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:bigthu mb:

lol, i like red wine too!! :rofl:
    2000 Bravada

Heres my cap, 96....dont know if it is the same...hope it helps. I numbered the cap where the wires go and you can see the factory numbers on the cap too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

his cap is the older style witht the wires coming from the top.

now that you guys mention it i never remember seeing any numbers on the cap at all... but i'll check it out after work tonight
    2000 Bravada