Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 192

Thread: 1st Gen Body kit

  1. #91
    Registered User GMCJimmy87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario
    Posts
    293
    bump:smoker:
    http://gmcjimmy87.showmeyourcar.com/

    88 S-10 4x4 (daily)
    87 Jimmy (drag)
    93 acclaim SOLD
    91 Jimmy 4x4 SOLD
    93 Blazer 4x4 (parts truck, now scraped)
    95 Grand Am Quad 4 (blown motor)
    90 Civic (write off)
    2006 Silverado 2500HD Durmax/Allison - Dads
    95 Sonoma 2.2 Turbo - Girls

  2. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    42
    Well, as promised, I did start the molding process this weekend.

    I don't have all the pics uploaded yet (got sidetracked with the gf and didn't upload all of them, but she's worth it. :bigthumb: )

    So here is a teaser pic of the graphite epoxy gelcoat step.



    I'm popping it from the plug tonight. If it turns out ok......I'll post pics of it too. ;)
    Last edited by PPI Typhoon; 11-01-2005 at 11:06 PM.
    Dan
    92 Typhoon #0815

  3. #93
    Registered User lycan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,105
    Sounds good. Keep 'em coming! :bigthumb:

  4. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    42
    another angle

    Dan
    92 Typhoon #0815

  5. #95
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    42
    Ok, well here is the mold with the part freshly pulled. I have a little bit of sanding and polishing of the mold surface, but all in all, it came out quite well.

    I have some residual paper left on that I need to get off and finishing the edges, but this will give you an idea of the mold. :bigthumb:







    I have some sanding and polishing of the surface, but this mold should be good enough to pull parts from with these minor corrections. :cool:
    Dan
    92 Typhoon #0815

  6. #96
    switchhitter streetswepa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    ontario/canada
    Posts
    157
    looks to be coming along nicley, excellent work bro:smoker:
    my 87 jimmy 350 stock floored
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2472134

  7. #97
    Registered User lycan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,105
    So.... You looking for any business partners? :D

  8. #98
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    42
    Originally posted by streetswepa
    looks to be coming along nicley, excellent work bro:smoker:
    Thanks, I guess that's better than coming along Ricely :rofl:
    Dan
    92 Typhoon #0815

  9. #99
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    42
    Originally posted by lycan
    So.... You looking for any business partners? :D
    Well, you never know. Depends on how far I will take this. ;)
    Dan
    92 Typhoon #0815

  10. #100
    Registered User lycan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,105
    Originally posted by PPI Typhoon


    [/B]
    That makes me want to go louge down it, haha

  11. #101
    Registered User FabianSS357's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Near Houston
    Posts
    1,968
    that is looking fantastic PPI. (desperatley waits for the front cover)

    on a bit of a side note, what type of material did u use for your mold, it came out quite well and im about to start molding a bit of my own (dont worry, im not molding body panels).

    it seems to me like you glassed and mixed in some epoxy..? anyway, if you dont mind a moment of your time, i would like to get a little advice from you.
    Superbee is a Flaming homosexual!
    A firm believer that women are physcotic.

  12. #102
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    42
    Originally posted by lycan
    That makes me want to go louge down it, haha
    :rofl: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:blazer:
    Dan
    92 Typhoon #0815

  13. #103
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    42
    Originally posted by FabianSS357
    that is looking fantastic PPI. (desperatley waits for the front cover)

    on a bit of a side note, what type of material did u use for your mold, it came out quite well and im about to start molding a bit of my own (dont worry, im not molding body panels).

    it seems to me like you glassed and mixed in some epoxy..? anyway, if you dont mind a moment of your time, i would like to get a little advice from you.
    Yeah I don't mind sharing. I am working solely with epoxy resin, not poly. For the topcoat, I have a mixture of milled fibers, cabosil and graphite. I put that down first and backed it with traditional fiberglass mat.

    I have another mold coming next weekend of the very same part with a different method which I'll explain.......IF it works. ;)
    Dan
    92 Typhoon #0815

  14. #104
    Registered User lycan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,105
    Originally posted by PPI Typhoon
    Yeah I don't mind sharing. I am working solely with epoxy resin, not poly. For the topcoat, I have a mixture of milled fibers, cabosil and graphite. I put that down first and backed it with traditional fiberglass mat.

    I have another mold coming next weekend of the very same part with a different method which I'll explain.......IF it works. ;)
    Well it's cool. That's all there is to it.

  15. #105
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    42
    Originally posted by lycan
    Well it's cool. That's all there is to it.
    Thanks :bigthumb: I'm pretty proud of it myself. I was pretty pleased that I pulled the part and didn't damage the cladding. That is one of my biggest fears.
    Dan
    92 Typhoon #0815

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •