Thread: '94 4l60E sonoma to a T5

'94 4l60E sonoma to a T5

I am sure this has been asked before but I cant find it. Will I have any computer problems changing my sonoma from an automatic to a manual since the transmission sensor will no longer be giving feedback to the computer after converted?

YES

thanks asshole. I told this guy to post his question here looking for advice. What codes would the lack of an auto set in the PCM? How would this affect anything other than constantly setting codes?

Originally posted by dum bass
    thanks asshole. I told this guy to post his question here looking for advice. What codes would the lack of an auto set in the PCM? How would this affect anything other than constantly setting codes?
    calm down there buddy, no need to call me an asshole when all i did is answere a vague question

Will I have any computer problems changing my sonoma from an automatic to a manual since the transmission sensor will no longer be giving feedback to the computer after converted?
    all he asked was if he had problems not what problems he would have

the only code I can think of would be the for the TCC. I'm not sure if it not readying the shift solenoids would throw a code. those codes wouldn't effect drivablity though. you may be able to ship your computer to fuel injection specialties or street and performance and have the auto trans functions removed from your computer, that, try to find a ECU from a 5 speed.

I know the auto ECM and harness for LS-1 will work with a T-56 regardless of codes set. That is according to Sallee GM as my LS-1 truck is sitting in the yard waiting for me to bite the bullet and buy a T56 for it. I wouldn't think that anything would affect timing, fuel cutoff, etc. So I asked him to post and verify it with people who know.

on an ls1 vehicle you have to reflash the computer to have the m6 file because there are many things that the A4 file dosnet have

reverse lock out
    skip shift
    the idel is set differently from a manual to an auto car

and on his truck if the reluctor gearing is differnt and it sends a signal differnt than what the computer is suposed to be reading the truck may bot even idel because some of the idel is calculted with a signal from the vss

just some things to keep in mind