Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: does anyone run on the 1/8 mile drag strips

theunforgivenll

does anyone run on the 1/8 mile drag strips

all i see is things about 1/4 mile drag strips. So if you have ran the 1/8 what did you run and what do you have under tha hood

Pimpin Once Again blazer88FastNLo's Avatar
    the 1/8 mile is garbage, its too short especially if you have a motor built for top-end. anyway run the quarter and then subtract 4-5 sec.s and your close to your 1/8 mile time
    R.I.P. Allison Campbell R.I.P. Gone But Not Forgotten 1984-2002

theunforgivenll
    well thats all we got around here is 1/8 and i run a 10.17

Pimpin Once Again blazer88FastNLo's Avatar
    well could be worse every drag strip is an hour or more away from me.
    R.I.P. Allison Campbell R.I.P. Gone But Not Forgotten 1984-2002

A decent conversion to go from 1/8 mile to 1/4 mile is 1/8 mile ET * 1.56. That would make your 10.17 around a 15.8-15.9. It's not exact but it's usually pretty close.

Owner/Pimp of "Green Ho"

Cool 1/8 mile...

is all that is around here. You have to go either an hour North to Savannah or an hour South to Jacksonville.
    '94 Jimmy, 4.3 CPI, CFM Stage III heads, competition valve job, Ferrea stainless valves, Comp 1.52 rollers, ARP studs, K&N FIPK & CAI, Stage II chip, 160 stat, #60 electric fan, UD crank pulley, Zexel w/3.42, B&M Shift+, Dynomax SS UltraFlo catback, Jacobs ignition w/UltraCoil & 8mm Taylor Spiro-Pro, #1 RapidFires

Junior Drag Racer

time slips

when you run the quarter if you look at your time slip the 660 time is your 1/8th mile time....

thank you jrdrag, that was a simple one. Just look at the slip, most even say 1/8

what do you have in your's Unforgiven, 4.3?

theunforgivenll
    yeah 4.3 vortec

we have a good 1/8 mile track here,in Kennedale, then again ennis is only 45 min. away. That's where the big boys run (top fuel). The imports seem to be taking over though, man I hate those tacky ass things. 10.17 is better than most of those things run though. I'm shooting for around 9.4 on the motor,mid 8's on the bottle

theunforgivenll
    yeah ive seen some imports on the track but i think they mosty go when they have street night, I haven't made it down there yet for it. ive just went on test and toon nights.

you should go on street night, if nothing else it's funnier than any Austin Power's movie. Th stuff they do is just flat out hilarious. Like taking their hoods off to show colored wire loom, putting bags of ice on thier air intake then sitting in the staging lanes with their car ideling for 15 min., fart pipes blaring. Just for them to pull up next to an stock chevy and getting thir doors blown off. But none of that matters, the only thing that count's is how big your wing is and how many stickers you have on the fenders

theunforgivenll
    lol i agree, it was just last night that i messed around with one in town. I got him a little peed so i follow him back out of city limits to a strate road. This car look as if it came out of that dang movie f&f it had it all pretty much, anyway he sad go when im ready soo i sad go and hit it, threw 1st and 2nd i was pulling away from him but i started to here his fart pipe come up on me so i knew that he was prob gonna come around sice we were about 50-60 and thats were there only good at (top-end) so since that and that i had no idea about the road (some road out in the county at night) so i just hit the brakes not knowing that the road was a long as straight as it was, but im not goona lie he would have got me any way as soon as we hit about 80or90 from what i hear he has some kind of turbo thing. but ill love to line up along him on the 1/8

thats the only reason why I'm building mine, I'm tired of these 16-18 yr. olds with there hondas and neon lights thinkin they've got something