Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: does anyone run on the 1/8 mile drag strips

god, if my truck wasnt a bucket of rust I would sooo build up mine...within 2 years I will have enough money saved up to get me a newer S10...hopefully an SS...I am so sick of this jimmy.. CANT WAIT to build up my SS.... ::dreams::

EDIT: by the way, you guys with the built 350s in an 88 s10...you are my idols! :bowdown:
    Last edited by blux; 09-10-2002 at 04:00 PM.

hey ericoo1 you should have no trouble getting in teh 8's on motor alone,just pay attention to your rearend,if you get it to hook 8's on motor is a piece of cake,and 7's is only a button away! Im redoing my engine now,shootin for mid 7's on motor

you really think I could get 8's huh? I was thinking mid to low 9's as not to get my hopes up, but know you've got me thinkin 8's. THANKS A LOT! What kind of attention do you suggest I should give the rearend, I was told the rearend from the 95 4.3 4x4's were a good one, but they were hard to come by. That's been several years ago though, and I'm sure I've got some things mixed up? I know the one in the blazer right now has to go, it has over 230,000 miles on it.

Pimpin Once Again blazer88FastNLo's Avatar
    350 w/ edelbrock multi point EFI, 454 throtte body,vortec heads, Forged 10:1 speed pro pistons, 125 shot NO2 700r4 trans

if this is your setup and you dont think you can get 8's maybe a mid 9 o shhzzzzzz.

a 7 easily
    R.I.P. Allison Campbell R.I.P. Gone But Not Forgotten 1984-2002

I'm really to the point where I don't know what to think, I'm just trying to keep the hopes low so i'm not dissapointed the first time I run it. All I know is I'm tired of the POS 2.8 i have in there, and hondas beware of the day I finally get to open the garage door and let the beast out of it's cage :)

You should crush your mid 9's mark with a mild 350. I had one run at 9.16, which was a 14.1 1/4 mile. Not really quick with a v8 s-series. 350 hp or so, you should be running mid-high 8's. A decent motor, you'll be runnin low 8's, which should be around a mid 12 1/4 mile. 7's all motor is a little more difficult, especially with a motor thats gonna be pretty much daily driven. I think that yours will be.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

within 2 years I will have enough money saved up to get me a newer S10...hopefully an SS...I am so sick of this jimmy.. CANT WAIT to build up my SS....

Exactly what is an SS S-10? Do you mean Xtreme? I have never heard of an SS S-10.

I think next weekend i'll finally be putting the motor together.:bigthumb: I'm ordering the multi-point tomorrow or fri. Then all that's left is to drop the internals off at the shop and have evrything ballanced. The only thing left then will be the cooling system. What radiator are you guys running? I was thinking about the aluminum vette radiator and twin electric fans, or installing a pusher and a puller. If anyone is running electric fans, what size? I was thinking about 2 12", maybe that'll keep up with the 100 degree summer heat here in texas. if I have room for a belt driven fan once I get the motor in, maybe I'll go that route, it's all still up in the air
    Last edited by Ericoo1; 09-11-2002 at 03:36 PM.

heres what my truck ran on the first build up.I had a 30 over 350,10.5 to 1 comp,268 comp cam,650 holley double pump,with old double hump heads.It also had a tired turbo 350 tranny and stock rear with 3.73 gears.This is in a 84 blazer(2wd) and with a junk stock torque converter it wen 8.73@82.7 mph.I left the engine alone got the tranny rebuilt,put in a TCI super street fighter torque converter(break stalls at 2800 onstreet tires,flashes at 3800-4000) and the truck ran a 8.32@84.3 mph.this winter im putting on a set of air flow reasearch 195 cc heads, comp extreme energy 284 cam,team-g intake,and a 750 holley in my quest for mid 7's.Oh yeah i got a 9 inch ford rear and ladder bars in it now,its almost bullit proof in the rear.

S-10 SS ..... = SUPER SPORT? didnt they used to have an SS model? I want one...and I wanna build it up..thats what I'm talkin about

theunforgivenll
    yeah they had ss'es and according to my truckin' mag they are coming out with a xtreme with a 4.4 with 400 horses

My 89 S10 Blazer weighing 3660 lbs with me ran 8.099 in the 1/8th mile. That was with a 350 bored .02 10.3 to 1 compression Vortec heads, Edelbrock Performer Intake manifold, 800 cfm Q-Jet, 700R4 shift kit stock converter, 3.73 gears with powertrax locker, CompCam XE 268H advanced 4 degrees, on 275/60R15 BFG Radial T/As.

all these good times have me aching to see what mine is going to do. Belive me, you guys will be the first I brag to or whine to

A stock 4.3 radiator is better than the vette radiator. Trust me,I have used both. I am using my stocker now. I have a 160 degree thermo in, and today on the highway, 73 degree heat outside, I ran at 155 degree's. I have dual electric fans, and I have them set to come on at 180 degree's.

355Blazer, good choice on heads!!! I am waiting in eager despair for mine. Can't wait for my AFR's

I believe the SS's came out around 96. I think they were made till 98 or 99. I don't think they were really anything special. I think they were just the ZQ8 package with SS badging on it.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

have you already ordered your zz4?if so which one you gonna get.I should have mine here today or tomorrow.