Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: does anyone run on the 1/8 mile drag strips

Ericoo1
    It does not matter if your new or not. At least your being truthful and giving the facts is worth a 1000 posts. Running high 7's is just unbelievable and will not happen with just a stock motor running through mufflers. My S10 runs low 12's in the 1/4 mile, 12.14 at 120 mph 1.9 60ft with a stock 2.5 4 cylinder with a 5 speed...lol.

2.5 4 cylinder

Yenko's S10

Rebuilding the 2.5

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

damn yenko, you must have a K&N on that thing. by the way, do you know anything about putting an R motor into a 1st gen. blazer. as for projectman, next time, think before you speak, props to you if do you get that imported piece of s**t into the 7's.

R motor ??? Explain what you are talking about. I'm not following you on that.

*rotary motor maybe (just taking a guess)???
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

vortec motor, i was too lazy to type it, some people know them as r motors

Not much right now. I just bought a 85 S10 Blazer and I'm doing a little research on how to install a V8 fuel injected motor in a carbed s-series vehicle. I want to keep it all stock with fuel injection and also run AC. My biggest concern is space in the dog house. Here is a pictrure of one of the members S10 blazer that just got done doing a conversion with fuel injection.
    Last edited by Yenko; 09-21-2002 at 01:45 AM.
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

85 S10 Blazer that I just bought.
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

I'm definetly going with fuel injection, I just can't decide on which one I want. The multi-point adds 23 rwhp over a stock TBI, I've seen that first hand, but the cheapest one I've found is $900. I'm thinkning maybe I can find a vortec around that price, who knows? if nothing else, it'll give me another block to play with :)

hehe......dont believe a blazer can run corvette-esque times? Its not so hard to believe. The truck weighs just about 300 lbs more than a 'vette. So, from the way I see it, even a C5 vette has about 310 horses at the rear wheels and 385 at the flywheel. With the weight and horses of that car, it theoretically would run about 8.0 in the 1/8. My truck, using the whole Performer RPM package, will be running almost 335, which in an s-10 should run about 7.85 in the 1/8. Don't believe me? Run the dyno on that engine :-)

lol, i just realized something..........i wasnt talking about the 'lude running 7's......i meant my truck :-)

Yenko's got way more motor than that. And he's running low 12's. Which should be low 8's high 7's in the 1/8. Your not gonna run that fast with 335 hp. I've got more than that in mine, and Im not that fast yet.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

I wish I had stock 350 with all the accs.(a/c p.s.,p.b and full interior) that runs 7.90's and 7.50's on nos.... :D

Originally posted by projectman
    hehe......dont believe a blazer can run corvette-esque times? Its not so hard to believe. The truck weighs just about 300 lbs more than a 'vette. So, from the way I see it, even a C5 vette has about 310 horses at the rear wheels and 385 at the flywheel. With the weight and horses of that car, it theoretically would run about 8.0 in the 1/8. My truck, using the whole Performer RPM package, will be running almost 335, which in an s-10 should run about 7.85 in the 1/8. Don't believe me? Run the dyno on that engine :-)
    Nope, I don't believe you cause I live a few miles from the GM Corvette plant and I see them everyday. Vette's do not impress me not one bit. And another thing, Vettes do not run that fast without aftermarket bolt-on's. Vette's run in the low to mid 13's. My friends S10 has a 325 horse motor in his truck and his best time is 14.20 at 105 mph. So, I'm calling your bluff on that. I'm talking from experience, not from a PC dyno(desk top dyno) or what ever your using. Lets use facts here, not here say. :nono: :nono: :nono:
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

all th c5's i've seen at the track are running 8.5-8.7, the zo6's finish out at 8.2-8.5.

Originally posted by projectman
    first of all my blazer with full interior weighs 3310,vettes weighs about the same....so do do you haul bricks for a living?

second,a ls1 c5 will run 8.50's to 8.90's and that's it ....a ls6 will run 7.90's to 8.30's......

third , if your truck weighs 3600 lbs,then you will be lucky to see a 9.0 with 335 hp and a stock converter......