Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help with m3 mirrors

Question Need help with m3 mirrors

I bought me a set of m3 power mirrors with a switchable color led light in them. They came with a universal adapter that looks like the factory mirrors. But they do not fit on my truck. They are for a 1986 to 1994. There is no way to mount them from the outside of the door. They way they can go on is from behind. That is where the screw holes are. I don't want to drill holes in to the front of it because they look better without the screws on the front. I need help with putting them on so if anyone has a suggestion let me know. I really want to put them on they look better than the dumbo mirrors. Please help me.

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

Heres what I did. Drill threw the front, epoxy some long bolts into the holes, then fill over the heads with body filler and smooth it out. Then drill the holes in the door all the way through to the inside. Now you can slide the mirror into the holes, and attach some nuts to the bolts from the inside of the door. That way no bolts are showing from the outside.

How many bolts would it take to do that? But are you sure that it would work with these type of mirrors? I have attached a pic of the mirrors.[IMG][/IMG]

Check out my ride.

If they are M3's it should work. There is 3 bolts (use bolts with a round head). On the back where it looks like you would bolt into the mirror, drill that all the way through...There should be one under the base of teh actual mirror, and 2 on the outer piece. Also, when you drill the holes through, countersink them from the outside before you epoxy the bolts in.

I got them on finally. It is easier to use the universal adapter and drilled holes thru it put in the bolts and taped them down to keep them in place. After that I put the mirror on the adapter and screwed it to the mirror like it was supposed to be. I put it on by the bolts I used and then I was able to tighten down the bolts. There are no bolts showing at all. Now I have to use bondo to make them look like they are part of the store. I will put up pics monday or tuesday. I almost forgot I drilled holes thru the door to be able to use bolts for them. Thanks for the help.:bigthumb:

Check out my ride.

Originally posted by layitlo_88
    I got them on finally. It is easier to use the universal adapter and drilled holes thru it put in the bolts and taped them down to keep them in place. After that I put the mirror on the adapter and screwed it to the mirror like it was supposed to be. I put it on by the bolts I used and then I was able to tighten down the bolts. There are no bolts showing at all. Now I have to use bondo to make them look like they are part of the store. I will put up pics monday or tuesday. I almost forgot I drilled holes thru the door to be able to use bolts for them. Thanks for the help.:bigthumb:
    Heheh...basically exactly what I was trying to explain :p: :D :bigthumb:

My avalanche,totaled 8( POSblazer's Avatar
    With my M3 mirrors, I removed the panel, and drilled holes in the door. Then, I just used some short screws with big threads to attatch them from the inside. my mirrors are the cheap M3 mirrors off of Ebay. I bought mine from seller BOMBEFFECT.
    Update:My avalanche was totaled by my ex-gf. My business is in ruins. I now plan on finishing the engine repairs to my Saturn, and sell it. Once I get the bills paid off, I'm going to fix my Blazer.
    History:I bought a 2001 saturn sc2, then a 2005 avanche 1500 2wd, then a '87 S10 blazer 2dr 2wd on 07/24/2010, and on 04/01/2011 a '84 s10 blazer 2dr 2wd V8 drag racer(sort of)

That's pretty much what I did. They look really good on there. Now I just have to get up the energy to wire in the lights. I got mine off of ebay also. I will have to redo them later in life but not right now.

Check out my ride.

Post up some pics if ya would please! Im thinking about buying those same ones off ebay but i wanna see how they look first! thanks man.
    Burn Ruber..... Not Your Soul!
    86 2dr 2wd. 350sb th-350 trans. duel flowmaster exhaust. shaved emblems,trim,roof rack,tire rack. Lowered 3/3 belltech all around.
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2101216

I got some off ebay aswell, and I notice if you look at certain angles or around the top of the mirror glass. the picture is distorted... like one of those cartoon mirros or w/e. anyone else experience this?

Originally posted by shortygy
    I got some off ebay aswell, and I notice if you look at certain angles or around the top of the mirror glass. the picture is distorted... like one of those cartoon mirros or w/e. anyone else experience this?
    Mine are the same way. After a while I got use to it. I won't have any pics until Saturday. I have to wait to get film development money(no digital camera). TREBEL14, you have a pm.
    Update:My avalanche was totaled by my ex-gf. My business is in ruins. I now plan on finishing the engine repairs to my Saturn, and sell it. Once I get the bills paid off, I'm going to fix my Blazer.
    History:I bought a 2001 saturn sc2, then a 2005 avanche 1500 2wd, then a '87 S10 blazer 2dr 2wd on 07/24/2010, and on 04/01/2011 a '84 s10 blazer 2dr 2wd V8 drag racer(sort of)

has anyone thought about or priced out getting some new mirror material from like a glass shop??

no

I noticed the same thing but have not had time to do anything about it. I will post pics of mine on saturday I have not had a chance to take any yet.

Check out my ride.

its sunday.. no pics:confused: post some pics as soon as ya get a chance im really curious to see how they look! thanks man
    Burn Ruber..... Not Your Soul!
    86 2dr 2wd. 350sb th-350 trans. duel flowmaster exhaust. shaved emblems,trim,roof rack,tire rack. Lowered 3/3 belltech all around.
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2101216