Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need help with m3 mirrors

The best way to figure out which ones to use run a wire to the battery and then one for a ground. One wire should be one color and the other wire should be the other color. I still have not had mine wired yet. I will try to do mine sunday and I will let you know for sure which is which. They should not be to hard. I have to put in my other fender lights at the same time.

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

good idea thanks man...
    i just hope that the blue turn lights in the mirrors arent illegal here cause i know having the clear bumper lenses with the blue bulb in them is.. but i havent got pulled over yet soo i guess i will just have to find out...

Having a blue light that can flash is illegal any where. I had the same problem with that on mine. I almost had mine imponded because of that. So I'm only gonna use the amber color on mine.

Check out my ride.

hmm well maybe i will go change the bulbs today
    as for the mirrors; would i have to remove the door panels to wire them up?
    i saw that there is a hole on the outside of the door and it goes partway into the door but not all the way through to the inside... how would i wire them up to teh front turn signals?

Well since I'm adding a set of fender lights I'm gonna run wires from my corner marker lights to the fender light and then to my mirrors. As far as how to run the wires through th door. If you have power windows and locks I would take off the door panel and route the wires through the same spot where the wires run into the door. Then I would run the wires through the fender and put a wire loom over the wires to protect the wire from being cut. I'm not an expert but that is the best way I can think of doing it. I've got a nasty cold so I'm gonna start after lunch. I hope this helps. I chose the corner marker lights because it would be easier to wire to them then to the bumper lights.

Check out my ride.

yeah as for the corner lights that would be a good idea, i might start mine as well today, but only after i get some taco bell :p:

Now that sounds good. Have fun and let me know how yours goes. I'm about to get started after I eat. Talk to ya later.

Check out my ride.

I did it finnally. I have them wired in to work. But the only time they work is when the parking lights are on. I could not get them to work otherwise. It would have been nice to have the info to wire them in the correct way. Now if I can only find some power mirror switches to make them work. If I don't they still look good. But now I also have a set of import sytle side marker lights. They give it a different look. How did yours go?

Check out my ride.

Originally posted by layitlo_88
    Now if I can only find some power mirror switches to make them work.
    ?????? are these power mirrors?:confused: I thought they seemed kinda hard to adjust lol. Got my passenger side mirror on now gotta do my drivers side.
    Burn Ruber..... Not Your Soul!
    86 2dr 2wd. 350sb th-350 trans. duel flowmaster exhaust. shaved emblems,trim,roof rack,tire rack. Lowered 3/3 belltech all around.
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2101216

If you bought the same ones I have they are power mirrors. Just be sure you use the white, blue, and black wires going to the leds. The others are for the power mirror option. They sell them without that optin also. When you adjust them be careful the mirror can come off if you do it to hard.

Check out my ride.

pics

here's a couple of night pics. One is with the flash and the other is without a flash.[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I hope you can see them good enough. I have all the lights working. Looks really good in person. Too bad I can only show you by a pic. Let me know what you think.

Check out my ride.

pics

Here's a better pic of the side lights. They look different. I like them alot. I was wrong they are not import lights even some american cars have them also.[IMG][/IMG]

Check out my ride.

yes i got mine on as well after breaking a drill bit. i didnt wire them yet...too lazy...too cold out too they look ok ...could have done better though.

i miss my M3 mirrors.. they were so small then i went and broke one of them o well... buying new ones before it gets repainted...

http://www.laydoutproductions.com/
    Contact me for any video questions.

I know what you mean about the drill bits. I broke 3 of them. But it was worth it. The m3 mirrors are a cool addition to anyones ride. :bigthumb:

Check out my ride.