Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stock Blazer Quarter Mile Times

Stock Blazer Quarter Mile Times

I'm sure this is posted somewhere, but what should I expect in the quarter mile in my Blazer at stock form? I have a 93 4x4 with a 5-speed. I have some mods done to it, like air filter and chip and stuff but I'd like to know what my chances of beating somebody in another blazer at the stoplight. I dont need to be the fastest truck in town, but itd be nice to be the fastest blazer.

What times do late models run? Like extremes, base, and Zr2's.

Blazers faster than trucks?

How fast can ya go with a V6? I heard one guy had his 4.3 up to like 400 hp.
    93 Chevrolet Blazer
    4x4 5-Speed 2-Door
    3" front / 4" rear
    K&N, TB Spacer, Hypertech Chip, 160deg. powerstat, 8.8mm wires
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2125307

My POS 4.3 ran a 17.88

trueblood
    yours being a 4x4 puts u at a disadvantage cuz of the added weight, blazers weigh more than trucks. I know the late model 4.3 are around 190 hp stock, u can only be so fast with a v6. That guy w/400 hp has mucho $$$ in it for sure.

actualy he has the advantage cuz he will get better traction if he puts it in 4 hi and runs

my set up

-3.42 posi rear
    -4.3 tbi 5 speed
    -93 gmc sonoma extended cab
    -bald tires that i would rost froma 1200 clutch dump and break loose shifting to 4th
    -wheel hop like a mo fo

i ran a best of a 17.559 at like 78.8 mph or something like that

i think with my new tires and my hop shock and exhaust i just put on i could crack into the 16's

next on the list is the t56 and 4.10's with a better posi cuz the stock g80 sucks ass

also who did you get your chip from? 93 4.3 5 speeds have an oddball computer and i cant find one for my truck
    Last edited by 6SpeedBlazer; 10-19-2005 at 11:31 AM.

i really dont think added weight of a 4x4 will play a better factor for times.
    seeing they put traction compound on the track. hell i cant even spin my tires on the street if i hammer on it off the line. if the case may be. a set of slicks will help out any tire spin at the track with a 190 hp 4.3. or maybe its just mine. cause i have shitty 3:08's in there.
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)
    THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SMOKING A FORD

i have 3.42's. i can consistently, and do consistently, turn them over in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd with stock 4x4 tires at 235/75r15. i think id probably be in the mid 17's cause i have basically the same set-up as tippmann243, and when i ran down a quarter mile length of road i was at mid 70's and that was before a few mods.

i have a hypertech chip. im not sure about it. i didnt notice any performance gains... i took it to a small town mechanic shop and im not sure that they knew exactly what they were doing because now obd doesnt work on my truck and every mechanic has a problem with it when i take it in. ive thought about putting a stock chip back in but not sure yet.
    93 Chevrolet Blazer
    4x4 5-Speed 2-Door
    3" front / 4" rear

forgot to say that i had 200,000 on a stock motor

also you wouldnt happen to know your ecu code would you?

My daily is dead stock, and ran a 16.9 on an automatic 190k mile TBI 4.3L. I only made one pass, because I didn't want it to break anything. Edit: Oh yeah, 3.08 rear

Teeleton
    89 Dark Blue Blazer : The Hotrod : Tuning in progress : 9.32@72 1/8th mile... new 1/4 times coming.
    89 Black Blazer : The Daily : 16.9@82
    Member of H.A.S.T.E. (Houston Area S-Series & T-Series Enthusiasts)
    Get your butt to the 2006 S-Series Nationals!
    hi scott

i think if i could have gotten traction i could have broken into the 17's spinning through the 60' and then spinning into second sucks, guess i need to lear to race also

dont know my ecu code. not sure what that is exactly.

plan to get some drop shocks soon and that should help with launches and getting hooked up at take-off.

also i read an article in truckin' about helper springs. thinking about trying them out. any thoughts?
    93 Chevrolet Blazer
    4x4 5-Speed 2-Door
    3" front / 4" rear

someone on hear was suposed to be trying them, i need to get my hop shock bracket, cuz i get axel wrap and wheel hop like a mo fo

and the ecu code is a number on the ecu, you should have given it to whoever made your chip, if you didnt it is most likley doing nothing

Originally posted by tippmann243
    someone on hear was suposed to be trying them, i need to get my hop shock bracket, cuz i get axel wrap and wheel hop like a mo fo
    Did you lower the back with blocks? If so, that's likely your problem.

Teeleton
    89 Dark Blue Blazer : The Hotrod : Tuning in progress : 9.32@72 1/8th mile... new 1/4 times coming.
    89 Black Blazer : The Daily : 16.9@82
    Member of H.A.S.T.E. (Houston Area S-Series & T-Series Enthusiasts)
    Get your butt to the 2006 S-Series Nationals!
    hi scott

about the ecu code... maybe i gave it to them maybe i didnt... i cant remember now. how could i check that out?

yeah i have 3" leaf springs in back with a one inch block.
    93 Chevrolet Blazer
    4x4 5-Speed 2-Door
    3" front / 4" rear

im lowered with 3" springs a a 1" block and i get more axel wrap now then i did with the sto k springs and a 3" block, i think they are just cheep springs

i only paid 40 bucks for the set

Originally posted by tippmann243
    im lowered with 3" springs a a 1" block and i get more axel wrap now then i did with the sto k springs and a 3" block, i think they are just cheep springs

i only paid 40 bucks for the set
    I've heard of other people having that problem with lowering springs..problems they didn't have with the stock springs and blocks.