Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What did Lycan do?

Talking What did Lycan do?

Well, I got the 350 finally in the engine bay, sitting all nice and shiny :bigthumb:
    I'm tired and my back hurts. But it was worth it.
    The transmission mount stilll needs to be put in and the wiring harness needs to be finished, but luckily my uncle got the wiring diagrams for me :bigthumb: Mr winter is coming and he doesn't like me with my non-heated garage.
    I'm really liking the driver's side exhaust manifold clearance on the 2nd gen better than the first.
    Tell me what you guys think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lycan; 10-24-2005 at 10:07 PM.

atleast you have a garage fucker:rofl: :bigthumb:
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

Originally posted by low86blazer
    atleast you have a garage fucker:rofl: :bigthumb:
    :rofl:

Lookin' good.

Now get out there and finish it before it starts to get REALLY cold!

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    ever lay on wet ground in the cold to install shit, i did, and it looksl ike ill be finishing my v8 swap just the same, in the cold, and damp lol

looks good, minus the ford blue manifolds and oil pan

Thanks for the compliments. Seems the exhaust manifold on the driver's side hits the control arms, so i went on got a manifold from a full size that has the oxygen sensor already on it. 35 Bucks! What did you guys do for the shift linkage? Mine seems too short.

OK. Got the driver's side full size manifold on and I'm more happy with the fitment of that than the other manifold i had.
    I had to cut some off of the a-arm bolt, and some off the corner of the manifold, but after that it fit in good. But the problem is that the engine has to be back 1/2" more than where the transmission mount lines up, so i'll have to drill a new hole for the mount, but will I have to cut the driveshaft? I hope not.

Here is the driveshaft at the rearend with the yoke pushed all the way into the transmission. Will I have to have it cut? I'm hoping not.
    The yolk on the rear is just tilted to one side, so it makes it look like it won't fit in there at all, but it will.

unles you wanna replace the tranny every week or so.. then yea you have to cut it down.. you need 3/4" of space between the yoke and the tranny at RIDE HEIGHT
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

I'll just get the plates to move the axle back 1/2 an inch.

thats how mine looked when i first tried it... i had to get 1 1/2" cut outta mine to fit correctly... only cost $100... dont think the 1/2" axle movement will give you enough room without the yoke bottoming out inside the tranny...
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

Originally posted by Nite Dragon
    thats how mine looked when i first tried it... i had to get 1 1/2" cut outta mine to fit correctly... only cost $100... dont think the 1/2" axle movement will give you enough room without the yoke bottoming out inside the tranny...
    I think it will, I just moved everything ahead, so the transmission is only 1/4" behind the mounting location, so moving the axle back 1/2" should fix the problem. After the rear portion of the driveshaft yoke is connected to the rear end, it should have more play in it.

i have but 1 question why didnt you put headers on it? emissions dislike them or what?
    jack of all trades master of none

Banned
    i had to cut and reweld the shift linkage.

are you leaving the block grey? or what is it

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4