Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What did Lycan do?

I painted the block cast iron. I couldn't afford headers right now, give me some money and I'll buy them.

just wondering
    jack of all trades master of none

So far the hardest thing out of the whole conversion is the shift linkage. After hours of bending it, I finally get it somewhat in the right shape to fit around the manifold, but I have to weld on an inch so it can reach it for park.

(No one probably cares to read this as it is all for future reference for others stuck in the same situation)
    Screw the linkage I was working on. Went to the junkyard and got a shift linkage out of a 2nd gen s10 (GM sticker inside of door said it was made in 5/93? Any idea why? I didn't know they started making the s-10s that early in the year...) But I got the linkage that hugged close to the frame (probably a 4.3) and used the spinny deal (the thing that connects to the transmission itself) that connected to my th350 and put it on the 700r4, so now it shifts smoothly from Park to Drive.

And RollinLower, sorry if you thought I was being an ass as I thought you were too. Sorry again.

Well I haven't gotten the 8 in yet. But whatever you run into post it. I know I might need some info later!
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/795796

V-8 Swap

USMC here I come, July 24!

You TBIing or Carbing?

thats cool i put my shifter on the floor and thats about right on the production year as far as the headers i picked mine up for 130 bucks there flowteck and the black

Originally posted by rollinlower
    thats cool i put my shifter on the floor and thats about right on the production year as far as the headers i picked mine up for 130 bucks there flowteck and the black
    Didn't you have to put yours on the floor? The 95 and newer ones had cables for shifting. I think one of the B&M cables might fit on there though. Not sure.

I'm goin carb'd. Wanted to keep it simple and clean.

V-8 Swap

That's cool, but I want mine to be functional as possible, dependable, and more fuel efficient. I hate carbs in the winter.

Yea that's true. It only gets around 40 degrees here once a night out of the year so I think I should be good. That's Houston for ya. But I can get my hands on an LT1 for basically free.....so I think we all know what my next swap is :D

V-8 Swap

LT1 fuel injection? :bigthumb:

my truck came from the factory with a stick shift i had the shifter on the column for a while now its on the floor

Originally posted by rollinlower
    my truck came from the factory with a stick shift i had the shifter on the column for a while now its on the floor
    Huh?

Got the driveshaft to fit in using the axle relocation plates for the s-10 from JTR, it moved the axle back 1/2" (i don't really like the new location of the tires, it's obviously closer to the rear of the fenders) and lowered the truck supposedly 1/2", but I noticed a 1 inch drop in the rear. (don't know how) The driveshaft now fits with a bit of play to spare. (1/2" to 3/4" play)