Thread: 2001 Jimmy, no performance exhausts?

2001 Jimmy, no performance exhausts?

Anyone know where I can find a pre-made catback exhaust for a 2001 GMC Jimmy SLS 4WD?

I have checked google, summitracing, jegs, and truck performance, I find jack shit. The only 2001 exhaust made is for the "ZR-2 Model".

So I'm hoping someone knows a little private company that makes exhausts for my car?

Also another question, my Jimmy has 91,000 miles on it, I'm guessing by next summer somethings going to pop, anyone know of any pre-made transmission and engine rebuild kits? They seem non-existant too. I've found rebuilds for 99 and under but none 2000+

Any help would be great.

Re: 2001 Jimmy, no performance exhausts?

Originally posted by Aibo
    Anyone know where I can find a pre-made catback exhaust for a 2001 GMC Jimmy SLS 4WD?

I have checked google, summitracing, jegs, and truck performance, I find jack shit. The only 2001 exhaust made is for the "ZR-2 Model".

So I'm hoping someone knows a little private company that makes exhausts for my car?

Also another question, my Jimmy has 91,000 miles on it, I'm guessing by next summer somethings going to pop, anyone know of any pre-made transmission and engine rebuild kits? They seem non-existant too. I've found rebuilds for 99 and under but none 2000+

Any help would be great.
    i really dont think youll need to rebuild the engine or the tranny if you take care of it and maintain it..and dont beat the fuck out of it...
    92 blazer 4 door 4.3 2wd, 00 s10, 03 accord v6

Originally posted by 668
    I fuckin popped her, held back a little, but I clipped her pretty good.

Rebuilding the engine after 100,000 (Assuming you put on the other 9,000 this winter)....

Wow. I've treated my truck pretty nice, and it's still running strong. 165,000 if I recall correctly.

Sure, it's had it's ups and downs. (that oil leak I had was a pain in the ass) but nothing that really requires a rebuild.

If you have the money, go for it.

If not, save it. :D
    Listen, I just want my truck to last till next year.
    Just one more year baby.
    And next year I say the same thing.

im at 215,000 on the motr and tranny and about 20,000 on my cluthc nad its all holding good

I yopped 94k on mine last night and have no plans to rebuild it yet.

Why not get a custom exhaust made by a muffler shop? That's what I'm planning on doing whenever I get my debts paid off.

For those of you who are more experienced than me, does this sound feasible:
    On the Blazer you can't practically run duals due to the location of the gas tank on the driver side. Why not remove the Y-pipe and run dual pipes right next to each other on the passenger side, to a dual-in dual-out muffler? It would definitely be different, having both pipes exit straight out the back but next to each other.

If there is some reason this wouldn't work, someone tell me I'm a dumbass.

never seen a dual in/out muffler before

Originally posted by tippmann243
    never seen a dual in/out muffler before
    Flowmaster's 80 Series Cross-Flow and 50 Series SUV mufflers both are available with dual in/out configurations:bigthumb:
    yea im bored and its 4 in the morning so i looked it up:0

STFU YOU MOFO!!!!!!!!!!! 96scraper's Avatar
    Originally posted by blazapimpin19
    Flowmaster's 80 Series Cross-Flow and 50 Series SUV mufflers both are available with dual in/out configurations:bigthumb:
    yea im bored and its 4 in the morning so i looked it up:0
    Single in dual out...so you can run 2 mufflers and have 4 tail pipes.... would look like a ricer then!!! :)
    Originally posted by thechariot
    go punch him in the dick.

Originally posted by RustyButTrusty Asshole Drivers - 0, Me - 1
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2117279

1996 Silver, Black int... many mods.....

The Flowmaster 50 series SUV muffler is the one I was looking at in particular.