Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How many of you are running carbs vs fuel injection on your V8s?

Banned
    Unbolt the trans crossmember to let the trans sagg down to get to those top bolts btw guys:bigthumb:

Do that and put a 3ft extension with wobble socket on the end hooked to an impact and you can pull sbc tranny in 30 mins or less:D

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Originally posted by toals
    I holesawed access holes the size of the socket in the floor to get at the bolts and used plastic plugs to cover the holes - just in case I needed to pull the trans later. Still put engine and trans in as 1 unit though.

I would also suggest a couple of mock ups with a bare block, heads, headers and trans if possible. You'll know what to expect when the real thing goes in. I moved a brake line on the driver's side that I thought heat from the exhaust might cause problems with. That's when I discovered the trans bolt access problem. Plus you can deal with crossmember, driveshaft (if needed), etc, etc, etc.
    That idea is ingenious. I would have never though of cutting holes in the firewall. Lol. That's a good idea. Thanks for throwing that out there.

Originally posted by Superbee
    Unbolt the trans crossmember to let the trans sagg down to get to those top bolts btw guys:bigthumb:

Do that and put a 3ft extension with wobble socket on the end hooked to an impact and you can pull sbc tranny in 30 mins or less:D
    Of course that's true too.. I haven't had to take off the tranny yet, so I haven't thought about methods to doing so.

For some reason, at the time I thought I wouldn't be able to drop it enough. Fortunately, I never had to find out! LOL.

Dark Side Master LayinBodyBlazer's Avatar
    If you meant that, 440hp is going to be outragous.
    yeah well i changed my mind :D hehe

Team Rockford Fosgate Member
    My Street Source Mag Page
    My MySpace Page

Reflector Collector 502 BlazinLow's Avatar
    not to whore this guys thread BUT since we are talking bout carbs....what kind of carb would you guys recommend to be used on a stock 305...yes i said 305......dont need ot be bashed or whored for that LOL.....best i could do for the price and eventually it will be bigger LOL.....

thanks
    " i DONT gotta be dead to DONATE my ORGAN" :boink:

"FAT girls are like mopeds...FUN to ride BUT not cool to let your friends see you on"....

polishin aluminum is to much like masterbation....alotta strokes and ur hands start to get tired...lmao

a 2-barrel around 400-450 cfm would be good on gas

CID x RPM / 3456 x VE % = CFM

305 x 5000 / 3456 x .90 = 397.1

Reflector Collector 502 BlazinLow's Avatar
    sorry was in rush when typed that earlier im looking for a decent holley or edelbrock 4 bbl carb
    " i DONT gotta be dead to DONATE my ORGAN" :boink:

"FAT girls are like mopeds...FUN to ride BUT not cool to let your friends see you on"....

polishin aluminum is to much like masterbation....alotta strokes and ur hands start to get tired...lmao

quadrajet