Thread: just dropped my blazer

just dropped my blazer

Hey guys i need some help. I just did a 3/4 drop on my 04 blazer extreme. I did coils spindles and blocks. The truck comes stock with bilsteins so i didnt change the shocks when i did the drop but the rear seems to bottom out when i hit bumps every so often. Ive never done a drop on a truck before. Is this normal?? I had to cut the bumpstops down about 2 and a half inches for everything to fit. I flipped the rear brake lines like everyone says so i should be ok there. I have an ecc roll pan on it and i dont wanna rip that off. Should i change the rear shocks? and if so, what should i use?? Any help would be great!!

are you sure it bottoming out on the shocks and the axle isn't hitiing the frame, It probly is the shocks but I would just make sure before you drop a couple hundred or so on shocks.
    NOS is like a hot chick with a STD, You know you want to hit but your afraid of the consequences!

is the axel hitting the frame or is the pumpkin hitting the floor? correct me if I'm wrong but a 3/4 drop on an x is the same as a 5/6 drop on a blazer right?

if it is the pumpkin hitting the floor then you need to cut the floor. If its the shocks bottoming out then you need new shocks. If the axel is hitting the frame, then you need to notch the frame.

My avalanche,totaled 8( POSblazer's Avatar

Re: just dropped my blazer

Originally posted by 04extreme
    I had to cut the bumpstops down about 2 and a half inches for everything to fit.
    You should remove the bumpstop brackets completely if you haven't already. That sentence suggests that you haven't. Just cut the bracket welds, grind smooth, and seal.
    Last edited by POSblazer; 11-20-2005 at 10:56 PM.
    Update:My avalanche was totaled by my ex-gf. My business is in ruins. I now plan on finishing the engine repairs to my Saturn, and sell it. Once I get the bills paid off, I'm going to fix my Blazer.
    History:I bought a 2001 saturn sc2, then a 2005 avanche 1500 2wd, then a '87 S10 blazer 2dr 2wd on 07/24/2010, and on 04/01/2011 a '84 s10 blazer 2dr 2wd V8 drag racer(sort of)

thanks fellas im gonna look into it today. And yeah its the same as a 5/6 drop for regular blazers. My wheels are tucked into the wheel wells sort of. Im gonna take pics today and put them up hopefully. I just need to wash it cause white is a bitch to keep clean. Lemme know what you guys think of it when i put them up and let me know what i should do next!!!

04 blaze extreme White with black stripes
    layin low

License and Registration? RustyButTrusty's Avatar
    Originally posted by 04extreme
    thanks fellas im gonna look into it today. And yeah its the same as a 5/6 drop for regular blazers.

Actually its more like 4.5/5.5, but whos counting anyway?:rolleyes:
    Originally posted by s10blaza
    Blazin Low's own deputy sergeant Jr.
    2000 S-10 LS : Regular cab, Short Bed, 2.2L w/5spd - 4/5.5 drop, chrome bumper, side swept exhaust, shaved tailgate, billet grille, '57 Chevy Mirrors, 8000*K HID headlights, 3000*K HID foglights - More to come!

i love my belltech nitro active shocks
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!NEW PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mycardomainpage

If your bumpstops are still down there then thats whats hitting
    they will hit before the shocks will bottom
    like POSBlazer said you can grind off the whole bumpstop mount compleatly but then you run the risk of hitting the frame which is a hell of a lot harder hitting then the bumpstops lol unless you plan on notching the fame which in that case go for it all. The rear differential houseing will not be able to hit the floor until after the fame is notched.
    How are the xtreams lowered from the factory??
    there're lowered 2" with coils in front and blocks? in back?? Some one let me know but if that is the case then you would have replaced the factory lowering kit and it would still be a 3/4 drop and with 4" in back I dont think you would have much problems running into the frame if you cut off the bumpstop mounts unless you take your truck off road or something lol
    but then the shocks could be in the middle of all that somewhere but the easiest way to tell that is to unhook the shocks and take it down the road to see if it stops bottoming and that should give you a good idea if its the frame also because its going to bounce like crazy lol
    anyways theres my book for ya hope something helped
    :bigthumb:

I BELIVE THE FRONT IS DONE WITH A ONE INCH SHORTER COIL AND THE REAR IS A DIFFERENT LEAF. ONE THAT HAS A ONE LEAF LESS THAN A NON EXTREME

SORRY BOUT CAPS.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!NEW PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mycardomainpage