Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Want Some Rims!

I Want Some Rims!

All I want for Christmas is some 17's! I have like $700 to put up right now and I asked my parents for the other half, for the rims. They wont do it! They think it's a waste of money, when I have 4 wheels that work fine right now.:( Has anyone pulled off getting rims from thrie parents? If so, how? :confused:
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

Slow Ride

Truckin'

Look in Truckin' magazine. There are a bunch of companies that sell wheel and tire combos cheap.

I know! And it sucks. They never have rims that will fit a 4x4 offset/pattern. So I have to go to a local shop and I'll be paying at least $1,300.

Parents suck

This is my 18th birthday this year on the 23rd and I asked for a set of KMT rims 18's. And I got laughed at. They said we will get you somthing close. So I expected 17's that werent all that great and I ended up with 4 new tires. And they didnt even get my LP's I got some off roading tires. How am I spose to sport my truck with off roading tires!!!!! Im still fairly mad. :(
    1985 Chevy s-10 Blazer 4x4
    2000 Chevy s-10 LS Standard Cab

My dad bought me 15'' rims when I was 16 for my mazda.It prolbaly helped that he too was a truck lover. :-\

Too all you rim guru's this question is for you:

Who makes these rims,Im going to buy some if I find out who makes them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't know what you guys are whineing about.

But my birthday is on january 1. All I asked my parents for was money. I will get like 400 dollars for christmas and my birthday. Thats 200 bucks a holiday. And the funny thing is. I owe them that money. So I will actually never see it. I will just get 400 bucks taken off my bill. And I still won't get to drive my truck for 9 more months.
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    my 18th B-day my parents helped me out by splitting the cost of new wheels. 15x8 U.S. Wheels $50 each. but I had to buy my tires. $75 bucks each. so they payed $100 and I paid $400 bucks and I was thankful. now as for me getting sum 18's... my parents wont split 2 grand for the price tag for sum KMC Venoms:D I understand totaly. If I had a kid and he/she wanted me to spend $1000 for wheels for a car I'm not driving, I would bust a gut laughing. So i'm not even wasting my time asking them.
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

my 17th birthday, my dad bought me a set of 15x7 A.R.E black nuggets and a set of new white letter tires. that was pretty cool, but i didnt like the white letter tires. my dad's pretty cool about car stuff, his first car was a 67 chevelle SS, iwould have only wished!!!!!!!!!
    2000 Red Dime sitting low.and pretty.

My dad was a car nut himself. He has owned hundreds of cars. At one time in the 80's he had 15 cars. He tied most of his money up in cars, not the bank. the kind of cars that only go ^UP^ in value. From Hemi's to the Benz Gulwing. Just sold the 2000 Boxter S a few months ago.
    So where's the love?? Can't even kick down for some rims.
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Exclamation What A Bunch of Whiners

Save your money and buy your own rims, you'll appreciate them a lot more. I suppose your parent's bought your truck for you too. Get real, you probably can't begin to realize the $$$ your parents spend on you and they don't owe you a thing. Try being a little more GRATEFUL! :D
    '88, half bagged, 4.3, auto, 241k, 18" IROCS, blah, blah, blah

Its x-mas though.....

It is christmas though, every one asks for different things. And you would think to ask for even 16's for chrismas that you might get that and only that... But nope, I got 2 new tires. BAH Humbug.

:D
    1985 Chevy s-10 Blazer 4x4
    2000 Chevy s-10 LS Standard Cab

Angry

Hey Junior,I bought my own Tacoma and airbags and all the other shit on my truck there buddy.I forked out about 17,000$ for all my shit.

What a minute!! I am 17 and I have been working since I was 14. I bought my blazer for $1500. Before I got my truck, saving up $1500 was a breeze, just a couple months of pay checks. Now, I pay all of my insurance, all of my gas, and atleast half of the food I eat. I can't work more than 5 hours a day, because of college. Which a scholarship pays for.
    In highschool I went from a 1.2 GPA to a 3.8 GPA and graduated early, and started working on my engineering degree during my junior year.
    Sorry to bore you guys with my life, but I'm just saying that I can't possibaly afford rims and some help from my parents, for CHRISTMAS, shouldn't be rejected like it is.

Those rims are from billet specialites, but lots of places make pretty much the exact same ones.

Exclamation It's your truck,..

you are driving it, you should pay your own insurance. My guess is the roof over your head is provided to you as well as the electricity, water, etc., etc. All I'm saying is wheels are not a necessity and if they are, YOU should come up w/the money. If your parents want to help FINE, but you should not expect them to. Learn to appreciate what you have. You'll feel a whole lot better :D
    '88, half bagged, 4.3, auto, 241k, 18" IROCS, blah, blah, blah