Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I Want Some Rims!

i agree with rapid ron. You do appreciate it more if you buy it yourself. EVERYTHING on my blazer I bought myself. Yes, its christmas, but do you know what I got for Xmas last year? A years supply of contact solution, no lie. Parent shouldnt have to fork out 100's or 1000's of dollars for their kids because its christmas. Thats crap. Xmas is so commercial.

Its winter, who needs rims? Make a plan, stick 25 bux a week in a jar and by the time spring rolls around you'll have the dough. Or, do what I did, and get a VISA:D :D :D
    this is a test of the sig

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    I am very thankful for what my parents do for me, so I don't tend to ask for stuff I don't need. But on the other hand my parents are generous to me at times. Like for instance my dad is helping me out with my V8 swap because I graduated on time, and they thought I was going to fail out. I'm still lucky that while I work and attend Tech classes my parents will still let me stay at there place. some of my friends parents kicked them out after they graduated. ALL i ask for from my parents is a place to stay, food, clothes(NOT BRAND NAME) and rides to work while my car is down.
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

now that I think about it they don't get me clothes anymore, Most of my cloths were free...

-3 Shlotzsky's Deli Work shirts
    -1 Shlotzsky's Deli Bun Run Shirt
    -2 Applebee's shirts
    -6 SPEEDWAY CHEVROLET(all dif colors)
    -1 Corner pocket shirt
    -1 or more from each radio station I got for free
    -3 Blood donation shirts
    -2 Graduation shirts

DAMN, thats my collection of work shirts and other shirts for free. the sad thing is, that is what a were all the time (X-cept to church). I guess My parents supply me with jeans, if I don't buy them First.

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

Creative Genius
    I agree with both sides. Christmas has become too commercial, but it's still christmas. I'm 19 and I'm not about to ask my parents for wool socks and a box of crackers, just because they are "needed". IT'S CHRISTMAS! People get video games, scooters, yada yada yada... Slim, Get your parents to get ONE rim and ONE tire, if thats what you want. I also agree that buying it 100% by yourself is better. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, IT'S A PRESENT!

I don't know about you guys. But I used to pay for my own gas/insurance. I saved up all the money for my blazer.

I took a 2 thousand dollar loan form my parents thou. Then I lost my truck for a year, and lost my job as well.

So here i am oweing my parents around 1700 bucks.

So they are ONLY giving me money for christmas...
    and im forking that back to them to pay for my truck...

Call it commercalized but, they know i love my truck.
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

ONCE BAGGED 4X4 MEMBER Trigga187's Avatar
    my MOMMY pays for all of my stuff...and now that I think about it, I'm a dumb, ungrateful, spoiled brat!! My mom works hard to give me whatever I want, and all she ask's for in return are good grades, and my stupid ass cant even do that!!! I'm failing half of my classes and I probably wont graduate on time, I wish I could find a way to do my fucking homework, but instead Im off trying to do shit to my truck!!! Damn, believe me I feel bad!! Just today she bought me a $70 Sean John sweater, and she's gonna give me money to buy a new carburator. Man, sometimes I wish my mom was mean, and hard on me, she just too nice and her bad son always takes advantage of that. I'm gonna do whatever I have to do, just so that I can pass my classes and make my mom proud.----------- Sorry for the life story, I just had to let that out.
    Good Bye Blazer

I don't expect anything from my parents, don't get me wrong. Commercialized or not my parents always spent tons of money on Christmas when I was younger. Just burnt out on it i guess.

I have bought EVERYTHING that has gone in or on my blaze. But when it comes to rims, I'm stuck. I probably could, just barely, scrape together $25 a week for the 'wheel jar' but even at that rate, it will take atleast a year. By that time, I hope to be working on Blaze II or a 2nd Gen S10.

BUT ALAS! I have found the answer! VISA. But then I will have to pay through nose on the APR. I can actualy get a credit card but the APR is like 20%. So, the $1200 rims paid off in 1 year will cost an extra $240!
    This sucks!

TooLowTacoma, I need a loan! I'll give you a 1% APR:D :D :D
    Last edited by SlimGu3; 12-13-2001 at 03:45 AM.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

Thumbs up

How much you need? And if I give you the loan,what will I get in return.

Yeah no kidding man.

Thats what we need. One really rich dood to loan everyone money out. We could pay him a little interest and everyone wins!!

That would be a sweet business. I used to do it at school all the time. I'm twice the size of everyone I know except for a few. So I know I will get my money back. People pay outrageous rates when they are hungry. Haha. I give em a buck, they give me two!
    haha.

I think people are stupid here, I made 20 bucks off adobe 5.0 yesterday.

hahaha
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

Unhappy Hey trigga187...

I kinda feel sorry for you, sounds like you momma is trying to buy your love and I don't think that is what you want. Good luck w/school. As for this "disease", when I get working on my truck it's hard to think about anything else, the kids, my job, my wife, etc. I don't know man, there's gotta be a help group (maybe we should start one) or something. You know..."Hi, my name is Ron, and I'm a Blazerholic"....hehehe :D ...and hey I need a loan too!
    '88, half bagged, 4.3, auto, 241k, 18" IROCS, blah, blah, blah

TooLow, I was about as seriose as I was about paying me off for the club.:)
    But if you want to make a little money, then come up with a plan. In the end, you get all your money back plus some. Or, if there's something else that you want.
    I would go to a bank but they want like 17% or more added on at the end. That comes out to be a lot of extra money.

Re: Hey trigga187...

Originally posted by Rapid Ron
    "Hi, my name is Ron, and I'm a Blazerholic"....hehehe :D ...and hey I need a loan too!
    LOL!!! That funny:cool: B/c that would be true.

I would like to get a credit card, but i would go in dept till I'm 50 years old.

OR HERE's an Idea. Tell me if this sounds like fraud. a dude i know is gunna apply for a student loan and use that money to finish his truck. He applied for financial assistance at a local jr. collage and if paying almost nothing. Sounds like he might be paying for this with somthing other than money... more like picking up garbage on the side of the road on a 'CHAIN GANG' :D

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

Hmmm, that's a great idea! A student loan doesn't have any interest. That's what I'm looking for.:D
    But really, that's just wrong. If I go through with a student loan, it will be to help pay for the thousands that my college will cost. Good crooked idea though.:cool:

Man i can agree with slim on the cost of owning a blazer. I bought mine myself for $3800 and the insuranc eon these things is killer!! i mean cars 10 years newer pay half the insurance of what i pay. And add the cost of some wheels.....too much.. but hey we can all wish for some dubs!!!

And i definetly agree that if you buy it yourself you appreciate it a lot more for sure!
    Fuck that east coast b-boy hip-hop that gay shit - Mac Dre & Baby Beesh
    ~Blazed~Out~

GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I blew it! I have been studying all week for the final in my algebra II college class. My dad (great at math) took a look at my work and said "Holly shit, that looks really tough. Tell you what, if you pull off an A on this final, I'll but your wheel and tires. Up to $1500.":eek:
    The proffesor grades on a curve and it just so happens that there is a genius girl in the class that set the curve super high, and well I got a C+. Second highest grade in the class. If that bitch wasn't there, I would have had the A and the rims.:mad: :mad: :mad: