Thread: gas / vent lines? charcoal canister?

gas / vent lines? charcoal canister?

im gettin ready to weld in a suicidedoors step notch, which will make me modify my gas lines a little bit where it runs inside the framerail. what i am needing to know, is which of these gas or vent lines can be move or pinched off? also....i believe i can remove my charcaol canister right? i dont care about emmisions.....so can i just disconnect it and let the vent line just hang there?.....here are some pics of whats goin on under there..........

Yahoo! Messenger = wintermc
    AOL Messenger = wintermc2

Ultra Flat Black Member 88S10_Blazer's Avatar
    first off, get the gas lines and the tank out of the truck

simple math for you

gas vapors + welding and sparks = BOOM accompanied with fire

not sure about the vent line, i put a cell in mine, so it vents itself. plugged up the charcoal canister. pretty sure it holds engine vacuum, didn't want to fuck with any of that.

both gas lines (send and return) need to be hooked back up to the engine, so once you get them out of the truck keep them, and then you can either run new hard line to match the notch or get fuel injection line for like 11 bucks a foot and run that from the tank to in front of the notch.
    Carl.

if you didn't build it with your own two hands, its not really yours.

http://www.myspace.com/7711952

well the gas tank is out....thats why all of the gas lines are just hangin there. :D lol, but i was thinkin about running new lines, but i guess i was mainly wonderin which ones went where (the ones i dont have labled) i couldve followed the lines myself, but im not there right now and i figured i would use the pic to ask yall
    Yahoo! Messenger = wintermc
    AOL Messenger = wintermc2

Banned
    You can unhook that charcol canister line from the trottle body and plug the hole. it just waits for the right time and burns the stored fumes. The middle line is the breather if u didnt know. keep it on so it can breath when you fill your tanks up and whatnot, u dont have to leave it hooked up to the canister but just put a breather of somesort on it. The line on the bottom if i remember is the send and the top is returned, doesnt really matter, just hook them back up. Just get some regular fuel hose and splice in a little bit to get the added clearance at the notch area.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    where does the vapor line go into the throtle body at? i would look but i am away at college right now, and i removed my charcoal canister and i need to plug that still.
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

Banned
    um, there are three ports on the front lower part of the throttle body, its the one on the far right if i believe.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

So on my 95 4.3 TBI, I can completly remove the charcoal canister an it will still run right..???:confused: