Thread: My 6" drop plans

My 6" drop plans

I'm wanting to go with a 6" drop in the rear of my jimmy and I'm planning on going with 3 inch drop leafs and 3 inch blocks. Topped with some new lowering shock. I've also got to get that bolt on c notch from sd.com and do some slicing to the frame. If I cut the frame and put that c notch in will I still have clearance between axle and notch after 6". And where do you all suggest getting leafs and shocks at?
    Will it hurt anything on the truck if I drop the back and have it lowered before I get my bags installed on the front? I'm not completely ready for the bags but I've got some money stashed for the back.

hey I found a site called cheaptruckparts.com? Anyone know if they're good.

http://www.s10loweringkits.com/?OVRA...OVMTC=advanced

that place seems to have good prices
    If you can't do your custom work yourself then sell your ride.

i have a set of belletech 3" drop leafs that came off my 95 blazer. i also have a set of 3 inch blocks. i had my blazer dropped 6 inches in the rear before i bagged it. let me know if your interested.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/i3owdown

Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.asp?profileid=11002

.:bowdown:

Checked out the site but their leafs wont fit my 95. i3owdown pm'd you. And I will be able to drop it 6 inches without cutting into the floor right?

Originally posted by mpeace
    http://www.s10loweringkits.com/?OVRA...OVMTC=advanced

that place seems to have good prices
    Prices are good but the shipping cost is high. I bought mine from Jegs and Summit where they have free shipping.
    Genius by birth, Slacker by choice.

Will I be able to drop it without having to cut into the floor. I know I'll have to get the C Notch for blazers but I shouldn't have to do any inside cutting right?

Originally posted by 0adam0
    Will I be able to drop it without having to cut into the floor. I know I'll have to get the C Notch for blazers but I shouldn't have to do any inside cutting right?
    no need to cut anything inside
    I Cut To Drag

yea, youll be alright with 6 inches.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/i3owdown

Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.asp?profileid=11002

.:bowdown:

I didn't want to waste forum space so I'm just gonna recycle this thread. As much as I want to bag my jimmy I wont be able to have the money to do it before college next year and I wont have the time to tear into the 4x4 components so I'm going to go with a drop until money comes around. I want to go with a 6" drop in the rear and something around a 5" drop in the front to even it out but I'm not sure if I can go 5 in the front without having to do alot of extra work to it. Anyone know the farthest I can drop the front without the tires rubbing and what's the best way to go about doing it?
    Thanks guys

My avalanche,totaled 8( POSblazer's Avatar
    Update:My avalanche was totaled by my ex-gf. My business is in ruins. I now plan on finishing the engine repairs to my Saturn, and sell it. Once I get the bills paid off, I'm going to fix my Blazer.
    History:I bought a 2001 saturn sc2, then a 2005 avanche 1500 2wd, then a '87 S10 blazer 2dr 2wd on 07/24/2010, and on 04/01/2011 a '84 s10 blazer 2dr 2wd V8 drag racer(sort of)