Thread: tbi spacers

tbi spacers

have any of you used a tbi spacer? do they make any power or just a waste of time ? and if so , which one has the best chance of making power. just wondering

ride the spiral SoulsAflame4135's Avatar
    worthwhile on the tbi motors. not sure on this because i changed mine before a spacer but you may run into an issue trying to use the stock gm robot arm. just buy an air cleaner assembly for a carb to throw on top if its a problem.

i know most of you are v8 converts, but i cannot believe that nobody has ever bought a tbi spacer! i find that hard to believe, or is it nobody wants to admit to it. no shame! just want to know if any of them are worth anything? thanks for all your input!!!!

Banned
    Nobody buys them because they arent worth it to most people. Chances are if you get one, your aircleaner will hit the hood. If you still have the origionall steel lines you will have to tweak them to make them line up, just little crap like that.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

The Baby Seal Says: drewdaddyblazin's Avatar
    Ive ran one on both my 96 4.3 and my 92 350... Dont bother with a newer motor, but for the money its not a bad mod... Just dont expect 20 horsepower like they say...
    (08:25:41 PM) AndySeals355: shes one of those jesus loves everyone types lol
    (08:25:42 PM) Zachary188: when she's ontop you'll have the cross necklace hitting you in the face!
    (08:25:49 PM) AndySeals355: LMFAO

I would be skeptical of any measurable hp gain from a tbi spacer or inj. spacer unless I saw it on a dyno.
    85 s-blazer sbc 310cu Q-jet Weiand 8004 mallory ign. 87 vette alum heads trw ft pistons pm rods stock exh. manifolds w/dynomax hemi turbos gm reduction starter alum w/p 2004r trans. 4wdb zexel 3.42 zq8 wheels 245/50/16's Crane cam 216/454 summit alum. diff.support cover, street fulid damper IAS shocks