Thread: 2.8 performance

2.8 performance

Hey everybody just joined the forum and had a question for yall. I have a 87 blazer w/ the 2.8 i was wonderin if there is anyway to get some performance out of it? it has a gutted converter w/ aftermarket exhaust but it seem sluggish. Im new to the S-series trucks and i hope to get some info from yall and learn some kewl stuff too! thanx

"2.8 performance" is an oxymoron (like jumbo shrimp).

I had better luck with the 4 cyl.

I usually V8 them.

Welcome to the site

o ok thanx for the info! is it easy to put a V-8 in a 87 s-10 blazer?

Originally posted by Eighty7Blazer
    o ok thanx for the info! is it easy to put a V-8 in a 87 s-10 blazer?

I think it is almost "bolt in easy" for a carbed 350/350 but the real question is what is your budget, mechanical abilities and shop like?

i have no shop, i have the 350/turbo 350 the only thing i dont have is the mounts but have really good fabrication buddies!! i have a little fab experience and ive been messin with cars (mostly Mopar) my whole life! ive never really messed with a S-10 before, so this would be my first

Sweet,

Honest intellegent answers! Pretty sure you can get it done or at least ask the right questions and take pictures to get the help you need.

THE s10 v8 swap book is pretty good reading for those not familiar with Ss-wap although there is quite a bit of info on line.

add $1000 for
    mounts
    radiator
    shifter?
    exhaust
    possible driveshaft
    cherry picker, LOL (all good projects justify a tool)

Don't forget
    beer and pizza for the V8ing party, LOL.

Here's my advice to you. The V8 swap is not for the faint of heart but if that's what you want,go for it. The other choice is to install a 3.4 from a 93-95 camaro or gm crate engine.These start at 160 hp and can be modded up easily to 175-180 hp,it's a bolt-in swap.You can keep driving you're 2.8 and sale it when you do the swap. I recommend the gm 3.4 crate egine if you can afford it,if you buy and rebuild a used 3.4 you'll have at least half the price of the crate. I have a V8 and a 3.4 blazer.
    85 s-blazer sbc 310cu Q-jet Weiand 8004 mallory ign. 87 vette alum heads trw ft pistons pm rods stock exh. manifolds w/dynomax hemi turbos gm reduction starter alum w/p 2004r trans. 4wdb zexel 3.42 zq8 wheels 245/50/16's Crane cam 216/454 summit alum. diff.support cover, street fulid damper IAS shocks

Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    i also recommend a v8. you won't get any worse gas milage than your 2.8 gets now. i would just keep putting money aside right now and just read read read about the swap as much as possible.
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love