Thread: bagged 2000 s10 making funny noises

bagged 2000 s10 making funny noises

ok the first noise ........when i make a left turn or a right turn or back up fast or pull forward fast ...like right behind the drivers seat it makes kinda a DUNK noise.... i was with Bagged Miniz today and we heard it so he got out and looked at it while i, ya know backed the truck up and pulled it forward and did all the other things and we couldnt find it.....does any one know what the noise might be or why it might be makin that noise? and the second noise..... tonight me and my girlfriend went to the movies and then hit the srtip for a little bit of cruising and draggin and then while we were going down the strip it sounded like someone had threw like an apple or an orange at the truck and it had hit the bed cover(fiberglass) i have never heard that sound befor... i got out looked at the truck up and down underneath as far as i could see..... and it didnt look like any thing was wrong with it so i dont know what it was and the rest of the night it didnt make the sound...... so im not sure....... can any one on this forum answer my questions or tell me where to look them up at... thanks in advance

As far as the first noise goes, does this happen only when driving with it low in the back cause before I trimmed the bottom lip on the cab right above the driveshaft it would do the same thing, makes a noise whenever the back was low and hit a bump cause the driveshaft would tap the cab. An as far as the secound noise Im not real sure, you may have hit something small and it hit the underside of the bed.
    1990 S10 - Bagged - Shaved - SFBD'd

yea that is what bagged miniz told me about the first sound it might be the driveshaft so im gonna shave the cab here soon wheni have time i also have to mount the gauges.....so its gonna all be done..thanks for the help man i appriciate it
    :bigthumb:

Soon 2 B Draggin' By You! slammin minis's Avatar
    Originally posted by bag2drag
    yea that is what bagged miniz told me about the first sound it might be the driveshaft so im gonna shave the cab here soon wheni have time i also have to mount the gauges.....so its gonna all be done..thanks for the help man i appriciate it
    :bigthumb:
    <------ READ THE NAME!!!!!!!!!

You never told me about that second noise. Anyway, when we pull off the bed for box in and taking out the wells, we'll notch out the cab.

sorry bout the name thing there slammin miniz wasnt payin attention when i was typing and...... i told you about the nooise ..... when we do the frame and the notching were putting a fuel cell into hopefully the fudns will allow it