Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Customs shops in kentucky?

if you live in louisville or are close you can come by my shop and i will look at what you got and try to help you out in getting it done. i am doing mine its not that hard. i have had several cars that cool cars have done and they didnt even cut the spring pocket in the front and the guys were asking me why they kept popping bags. email me and i will give you a number if you want some help. wccinc1@aol.com

Originally posted by BgRedPmp
    i also live in Louisville ky and i was thinking of takin my truck to Cool Cars they gave me a price of 2700.00 to do everything thats 4-link C-notch and all. Is that a bad deal? and whats wrong w/ CCE anyways? Lemme know so i dont make a mistake.Thanks

Brandon
    Well I'll tell ya my story... A couple years ago, I had a customer that wanted air ride tech cups, but air lift bags. Air Ride Tech will not sell their cups only. But Cool Cars at that time advertised that they sold the air ride tech cups seperately. So I called them. I was told over the phone, that they buy the air ride tech kits, and take the parts and sell them seperately. Sounds good. Usually you save money by buying a kit. So if you did that, and broke it down, you should be able to sell the pieces, and make more money. The flaw with that is that air ride tech gets $117 for a firestone 255c. The same bag that sells every where else for $60-75. Well I bought the cups for my customer. I asked several times that they were specifically air ride technolgies brand, and was assured they were. Well they were drop shipped to my customer, and they did not fit right. So between calls to my customer, and air ride tech, it was decided they were Not air ride tech cups. A call to cool cars, had them trying to play it off as "air ride cups" is kind of a generic term, and they didn't know that I wanted air ride technologies parts specifically. I called BS, and told them that I specifically asked for Air ride technologies parts, and asked several times if they were the genuine parts. And each time was told yes. Then they told me they didn't charge me for air ride tech cups. I again called BS, and told them that I could by generic cups (I used suicide doors.com parts then) for $53 less. So why would I call them, and pay more for something I could get anywhere. And I was told I could return them and get a refund. So at this point I realized they were trying to scam me. Advertise parts as genuine air ride tech, and sell aim knock offs. (at this time, cool cars was aims biggest dealer). But my customer did not realize the cups were wrong until after he cut a second hole in each top cup for dual port bags. So now they could not be returned. So I went to the credit card company using the fact that they misrepresented the parts they sold, and that if they had sent what they told me they were, none of this would have happened. There was a person on another forum that was going thru the exact same thing with one of their dealers. Who actually had a picture of the real air ride brackets on their site. So I took all my info, info from my customer and air ride tech, and this guys info, with the picture of the actual parts sent, and the parts advertised, and sent it all to my credit card company. Cool cars had 90 days to reply. they waited 88 days, and overnighted their reply. Forcing the credit card company to overnight the info to me for a reply. And leaving me no time to do any research to their reply, as I had 3 days to get my reply back to them. Again, they were playing games, leaving me no time for a reply. Their reply was a hand scribbled note, full of misspellings and bag sentance structure, that basically blamed me for not being clear about the parts I wanted, and that if they weren't modified, they could have been returned. This went back and forth a couple more times, and finally, after 5 months... It was resolved with me getting a $53 refund.... Just as I had tried to settle it right from the start.
    So overall, they misrepresented the parts they sold me. Tried to play dumb to get out of it. And then played games during the dispute process. And tried to blame it all on me and my customer. They are just a bunch of clowns.
    Larry
    www.innovativeairsuspension.com
    AirRide, KP, MIC, SMC, Parker, Viair... I sell all the good stuff.

wcinc where in louisville are you located? I'm still trying to get the money up to bag it but I might could come up one weekend and you take a look at everything. Maybe you can get a better picture at this because I"m just not able to visualize everything I need.

i have a body shop in shively. i am at 2621 rockford lane. the number is 502 448-2127. i am usually here 6 days a week. just give me a call and i will see if i can help you out. ask for dave

ok then, say we figure out everything I need, how much do u charge for labor?

Aight i'll check that site out man. I'm still workin on everything I'm going to need it's just hard for me to get the whole thing cause there's not to many bagged vehicles around here so I cant go look and see how everything works compared up to mine. I checked out 98's thread on the 4x4 bagged and I get alot of what I'm going to have to do there but the backs what's giving me hell now. damn i wish someone would make a roadgrater for a blazer.