Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How low is your 4X4?

Banned
    no bolts wont hurt anything

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Originally posted by LOWnSLOnoma
    as far as tackiness is concerned those are pretty damn sticky, on tuesday i put them on a 97 15th anniversary supra, 285/30r18 in the rear, 255/40418 in the front if i remember correctly, i punched it on my way out and they barely broke from the pavement, and i launched at 3500, not too much, but damn instead of rubber there were 2 clean strips, the tires picked up all the road salt thats how tacky, but ill check in work tommorrow, and the other good part about the kdw nt, its actually affordable compared to some other high perf tires, i know some of the cup series michelins are nasty ass hell
    remember this was on a supra the car that runs a 13.5 at 130 mph

or the torquless wonder
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    Last edited by 6SpeedBlazer; 01-26-2006 at 10:50 PM.

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    Originally posted by HrvckRacer29
    Heres Mine

3" Drop Keys & With The Bolts Out
    3" Blocks

did u put ur lowering keys in backwards??? thats a insane drop with the lowering keys and the bolts backed out
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

No I didn't put in my keys backwards. I was just bored one day and have tires and rims from my donor truck and put them on the front and took the bolts out to see how low it could actually low. I don't get near as low with my stockers on and my aggressive tires. Yes I have drove around with the bolts out before when my truck was a daily driver. Anybody else hate the chevy lean? The back right side sits about an inch or inch and a half lower then the back left side. It drives me nuts when I'm playing with the torsion bolts. But right now I have my stockers back on and the bolts in and the truck leveled out or somewhat like an inch or so lower in the front. I love the mild rake look. Also in those pictures, that was before it settled.

Banned
    when you say you took the bolts out, did you just take the adjuster bolts out or did you take the little block out that the key sits on? Like i said thats like 7 inches and you cant get 7 by taking the adjuster bolts out heh.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

i took the bolts out. I got about 2.5-3" drop.
    I don't FAIL...
    I succeed in finding what doesn't work!!!

altered torsion crossmember, 4" Blocks , total of 6" with wheels and tires.. [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by SS10_2NV; 01-27-2006 at 01:39 PM.
    67 Deville
    91 K5

Originally posted by Superbee
    when you say you took the bolts out, did you just take the adjuster bolts out or did you take the little block out that the key sits on? Like i said thats like 7 inches and you cant get 7 by taking the adjuster bolts out heh.
    I took the adjuster bolts out. The block that the keys sit on is still there.

Are you guys shortening up the front bump stops? I backed my bolts out till the suspensin was sitting on the stops and its not nearly as low as you guys are.. Either someone replaced my front stops once with ones that are too tall or you guys are trimming yours or using shorter stops...???

Anyways I was wondering how much I can shorten my bump stops so that I can increase travel a little but still prevent the tires from going up and hitting the fender.. Maybe one of you has experimented with this already and knows the magic height for the bump stop? I'm running a 93 4x4 with 245/50R16 wheels.

Thanks,
    -Matt

Originally posted by mattw
    Are you guys shortening up the front bump stops? I backed my bolts out till the suspensin was sitting on the stops and its not nearly as low as you guys are.. Either someone replaced my front stops once with ones that are too tall or you guys are trimming yours or using shorter stops...???

Anyways I was wondering how much I can shorten my bump stops so that I can increase travel a little but still prevent the tires from going up and hitting the fender.. Maybe one of you has experimented with this already and knows the magic height for the bump stop? I'm running a 93 4x4 with 245/50R16 wheels.

Thanks,
    -Matt

My front bumpstops are gone. I got new ones with the drop kit but never installed them and I also read up here about people's preference on them and decided to cut em out.

Originally posted by HrvckRacer29
    My front bumpstops are gone. I got new ones with the drop kit but never installed them and I also read up here about people's preference on them and decided to cut em out.

What size wheels are you running? Do your tires hit the fenders with this setup? Also are you running normal shocks? I'm just wondering if they would become fully compressed and bottom out without the bump stops..

Thanks for the info!!

-Matt

My bumpstops are gone.... I'm running the same tire you are.. I'm running a 4" drop with ZQ8 2wd wheels on my 4x. so they stick out a little, my fronts actually tuck under the fender just enough not to rub the entire fender flare. they do rub a little bit on the inside of my fender flares.. As for the rear, my bumpstops are still in there and stop my tires from hittin the flare with about a 1/4 inch to go
    67 Deville
    91 K5

As for the rear, my bumpstops are still in there and stop my tires from hittin the flare with about a 1/4 inch to go [/B]

So how much travel do you have in the rear? It can't be more than an inch or so???

-Matt

an inch maybe two, the rear isnt so bad.. the front is what I dont like.... the ride quality is gone...completly.. but it looks cool... I have my stockie 235/75/15 wheels and tiries on it for the winter.. helped a lot but looks like shit...
    67 Deville
    91 K5

what did you do to alter the torsion crossmember?
    I don't FAIL...
    I succeed in finding what doesn't work!!!