Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FOR SALE: Parting out my 96 4.3L engine and tranny! Plus other stuff!!! LOOK!!

Dark Side Master LayinBodyBlazer's Avatar

Talking FOR SALE: Parting out my 96 4.3L engine and tranny! Plus other stuff!!! LOOK!!

EDITED WITH UPDATES ON WHAT I HAVE LEFT!!! CHECK IT OUT!!!

Ok here we go, Im parting out my 96 4.3L Vin W motor and the 4L60E tranny since its getting jerked out to make room for the V8.

The motor is in great shape and runs excellent. I believe it has about 135,XXX miles on the truck. Oil changed regularly, Sea Foam ran in regular intervals.

Alternator is brand new replacement 105A, just replaced it like 3-4 months ago if that. Water pump has been replaced too, I think last year. AC compressor works, came out of dbornotdb's truck. MAF sensor has screen removed. Everything can go even the computer.

If you are interested in any part of this motor, or the tranny, feel free to shoot me an offer via email soloudithtz@hotmail.com, layinbodyblazr@hotmail.com or PM me here.

----------------Also for sale-----------------

-Power Acoustik FBX-15, used but still in phenomenal condition...this sub, in the right box is unbelievable

-Modified 2 door blazer gas tank. This tank was cut down (by GBD so you know the work is good ;) ) to fit my frame rails losing about a gallon or 2. Other than that it is practically brand new. Decided to run a fuel cell instead.

-Stock dash. I do not have the gauge cluster, it's currently selling on eBay. Selling it all or parting it out...which ever you guys want.

-Rear cargo cover. The rear panel on the driver's side with the roll up cover.

-NEW NU-IMAGE White Flamed Gauge face. White background with glowing red/orange flames. For 95-97 w/ tach, NEVER BEEN INSTALLED.

-8 piece un-welded notch kit from SD

-Lowered Leaf Springs---NOT SOLD!! Anyone still interested?

I'll update with things as I come across them. I've got a fiberglassed sub box in the garage I need to get rid of and some other misc. stuff

Last edited by LayinBodyBlazer; 02-01-2007 at 10:47 PM.

Team Rockford Fosgate Member
    My Street Source Mag Page
    My MySpace Page

edit, please read first post
    Last edited by LayinBodyBlazer; 02-01-2007 at 10:28 PM.

My MySpace Page

Fiberglass Fabrication EpicenterDesigns's Avatar
    Bradenton- FL........hammerin'-grindin'-sandin'-primin'
    Hit me up on AIM about the alt and console.

I'm incognito, but I am there.
    ;)

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer than the sweetness of that cheap price!

60 PSI on stock hg! Ow! LowSlungFury's Avatar
    What are you thinking you need to get for the engine? I don't really need the trans. just the engine/ harness/ computer.

How about info on the Kenwood CD player as well. Thanks.
    1993 Dodge 2wd Diesel Dually, BIG fueling mods, 6x16 injectors, Air Dog 1/2" draw straw, 3/8" fuel feed, Holley Blue pump, HE351VE VGT (manual controller), 5" turbo back, 5" air intake, Green filter, to many gauges, more mods to come.

1993 Dodge Dakota Sport 2wd, 3.9L Magnum (w/5.2L Magnum swap in progress) 5spd, Magnaflows with duals out the back, 4/6 drop on 17" R/T's.

Thought it was unloaded.. mattmobile's Avatar
    Info and price on Kenwood deck. Satellite ready?

and let me see the wheels
    Last edited by mattmobile; 01-23-2006 at 11:19 AM.

Jon, if you swing by this again...I tried to send you a message on AIM but it wouldnt let me for some reason. I hate this new Triton AIM!! :(

Fury-

No clue what the engine is worth. However, I won't have a harness available since Ive been cutting pieces out of mine. But I do have the engine and computer. Engine also has a small oil leak around the oil pan...we think its just the pan gasket.

Ill go check on that kenwood unit here in a few minutes.

My MySpace Page

Is the a/c compressor the same as a 2000? Not really sure but if so I need an a/c compressor and the canister(don't know what it's called) that runs out of the heater box.
    Completion Date- Whenever the hell I get time

Hating the stupid
    whats the status on the trans?
    how does it shift? would it work in a 94??
    2000 Camaro SS - M6 - Leather - Custom Exhaust |2000 Camaro SS - M6 - Leather - Custom Exhaust |
    2003 | S10 ZR2 - M5 |
    1994 S10 Blazer - DEAD - Auto - 1994 |S10 Blazer - DEAD - Auto - |

Originally posted by ZZ4Blazer

but 94's are really a bastard year.

pics of the muffler

Jerbell
    how much for the muffler and headlights ?

hey whats up with your trans? anything wrong with it? HONESTLY! the trans in my blazer now doesnt feel right, the tourq convertor hangs up or somthing and i just feel something bad happening real soon
    1985 Chevy s-10 Blazer 4x4
    2000 Chevy s-10 LS Standard Cab

Is the a/c compressor the same as a 2000? Not really sure but if so I need an a/c compressor and the canister(don't know what it's called) that runs out of the heater box.

That I don't know. It came out of dbornotdb's blazer. I can get your a model number and you can cross reference it if you want.

whats the status on the trans?
    how does it shift? would it work in a 94??

Its a 4L60E...you'd have to talk to one of the drive train guys on here to see if it will bolt up to your engine in your 94. Status?: It shifts fine to me, I just changed the fluid and filter back in the summer as well as 2 shift solenoids.

hey whats up with your trans? anything wrong with it? HONESTLY! the trans in my blazer now doesnt feel right, the tourq convertor hangs up or somthing and i just feel something bad happening real soon

Like I had said earlier; the tranny feels fine to me, shifts nice and firm, good response. And as above, I changed the fluid and filter this summer as well as replacing 2 shift solenoids.
    Last edited by LayinBodyBlazer; 02-01-2007 at 10:29 PM.

My MySpace Page

what are you looking to get for the trans?
    1985 Chevy s-10 Blazer 4x4
    2000 Chevy s-10 LS Standard Cab

what is the inlet/out let size on the muffler and how was it attached previously

Originally posted by tippmann243
    what is the inlet/out let size on the muffler and how was it attached previously
    prob 2 1/2. and price for the muffler. how many miles on it. oh what type for dome light you have. i'm interested in the whole dome light assembly. ASAP.
    Last edited by SpikesBlazin; 01-25-2006 at 10:36 AM.

http://www.laydoutproductions.com/
    Contact me for any video questions.