Thread: lifting a 4x4

lifting a 4x4

well since I've found out that it's going to be more of a hastle than I want to deal with to bag my 4x4, and since I'm planing on getting a 2 door 2wd blazer in the future for that, I anna mess around with some suspension lifting. So is there a limit on how far you can lift a 4x4 without the components geting in the way. I'm not wanting a huge lift on it . Just enough to put some new rims and 31s on. I've got some plans for the Jimmy this summer and the lift is the start of it.

You may want to try blazinhigh.com

well what i'm wanting is enough of a lift to put 31s on. Something similiar to this right here.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...77_52_full.jpg

Anyone know about how much of a lift that is and would it be easier to go with a body lift or a suspension lift?

damn that truck is ugly. I believe you will want about a 3 or 4 inch lift to put the 31's on and have enough clearence to make it worth it.

I would do a suspension lift personally, but thats just cause I like that look better.

lift

its cheaper to get a body lift , a 3 inch lift will fit 31 easy national tire and wheel have them for $105 shipped
    if i wanted a HUMMER i would call ur momma

HOW TO HUNT LIKE A REDNECK (SHINE)(SHOOT)(RUN)

Originally posted by banginjimmy
    damn that truck is ugly. I believe you will want about a 3 or 4 inch lift to put the 31's on and have enough clearence to make it worth it.

I would do a suspension lift personally, but thats just cause I like that look better.
    x2
    i hate body lifts. look ugly with all the gaps it leaves
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)
    THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SMOKING A FORD

holy crap! i was just thinking about cutting the back off of my 2dr second gen. every thing realy has all been done befor, and i thought it would have been unique. yes i am a whore
    1995 gmc jimmy sls 4x4

Originally posted by syclonekid43
    x2
    i hate body lifts. look ugly with all the gaps it leaves
    yes they look ugly but if your on a small budget $105for 3 inches is better then $575 for just 2 inchesas for the gaps im using roof membrane rubber to replace the stock gap rubber
    if i wanted a HUMMER i would call ur momma

HOW TO HUNT LIKE A REDNECK (SHINE)(SHOOT)(RUN)

yeah but your still gonna have a big gap between the front and rear bumper. im telling you how to do it. just the what i think of a body lift. plus dont foget. alot of the body mount bolts are gonna be a bitch to get out on a truck with some age on it.
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)
    THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SMOKING A FORD