Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: engine stops rotating at 180 degrees

Cool engine stops rotating at 180 degrees

waz up peeps new here. my 95 blazer vortec is hell for me
    installed a new cpi now my engine only turns 180 degreeswhen im manually turning the crankshaft in any
    direction. its been sitting for 9 months but even so this never happend. i put everything into this truck thinking that i solved the problem and the whole time it was the cpi. can someone please help me out.

blazin1925

Honestly I have no idea. But welcome to the forum! I see your accually nearby. See ya around

did you do any other work to the engine, like timing chain?

also try to pull your distributer out and try to turn it, it could have locked up
    NOS is like a hot chick with a STD, You know you want to hit but your afraid of the consequences!

It's all about to change winditup57's Avatar
    If it will only turn 180 degrees...something is broke or bent

I dont have a CPI motor but is it possible that mabye you dropped something down inside the engine while you were replacing the CPI?

thanks the for the rapid response, well i did the timing chain, complete cpi nut kit, spider unit and intake job. new ignition, alternator, could this be because the truck sat for quite some time

It's all about to change winditup57's Avatar
    Ok..what is a CPI....not up on the newer shit...I am a carb man myself....K.I.S.S.

My avalanche,totaled 8( POSblazer's Avatar
    Originally posted by blazin1925
    thanks the for the rapid response, well i did the timing chain, complete cpi nut kit, spider unit and intake job. new ignition, alternator, could this be because the truck sat for quite some time
    Yes, A little bit of surface rust may of formed on the cylinder walls, wich could keep it from turning.
    CPI= Central Port Injection- Central Point Injection. A GM fuel injection system that uses a centralized fuel injector delivering fuel through lines to injector nozzles located at each cylinder
    I had to look it up just to be sure :p:
    Last edited by POSblazer; 02-04-2006 at 01:18 AM.
    Update:My avalanche was totaled by my ex-gf. My business is in ruins. I now plan on finishing the engine repairs to my Saturn, and sell it. Once I get the bills paid off, I'm going to fix my Blazer.
    History:I bought a 2001 saturn sc2, then a 2005 avanche 1500 2wd, then a '87 S10 blazer 2dr 2wd on 07/24/2010, and on 04/01/2011 a '84 s10 blazer 2dr 2wd V8 drag racer(sort of)

well before i did the intake job i didnt have this problem
    so im not sure if i should take it all off or not, would the order of the injectors have anything to do with this problem, someone told me if i get fuel in the pistons that it would cause this problem but im not sure. this dam truck is driving me f=====ing crazy

Angry

well im pist right about now but im gonna kick this in the ass thanks much for the help guys talk to you tomorrow fellas

If your timing chain is setup right, and you havent dropped anything in it, have you tried starting it? It MAY just be rust like mentioned....although, if it doesnt feel just like friction from rust, it will be something bent or broken, and it could be pretty much anything, rod, broken piston, busted rungs, timing chain, timing gear,pushrods, lifters....

well the timing chain is ok ive put a lot of money into this b-t---ch
    when i turn the crank i keep my eye on the rotor and it will only go from the number one spark plug marking over to the opposite end and then the crand comes to a dead stop

well i guess im just gonna have to take everything off again so i could double check everything i did

The Baby Seal Says: drewdaddyblazin's Avatar
    Thts a good idea man... Just dont try to start it, it will break something! Im sure you realize that but when you get pissed youll do silly stuff...

Heres what youre probably going to have to do..
    Take the whole thing apart. Take the CPI manifold off, and take your valve covers off. TAke a flash light and see if anything is down i the heads. Look to make sure you dont have a bent push rod or anything wrong in the valve train. If there is still nothing, youre might just have to take the heads off.

Hey there may be a bright side to this! While you got the heads off, replace the head gaskets! They are probably wore out anyway.Who knows, you might have gotten this thing together all running but blow a head gasket 3 months later...

Bad stuff happeend to me when i was puting my motor in. But in the end, it turned out to be a good thing! (has to do with main bearings)

Anyways good luck man and post up what you find..

-drew
    (08:25:41 PM) AndySeals355: shes one of those jesus loves everyone types lol
    (08:25:42 PM) Zachary188: when she's ontop you'll have the cross necklace hitting you in the face!
    (08:25:49 PM) AndySeals355: LMFAO

well heres the thing once i get the #1 piston up to top dead center it stops a hair from the marker and then i cant pull the crank by hand, but if i turn the key to crank it the engine then it turns the rest of the way. what do you think about that