Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 338???

3/4 race cam has been around longer than I have. My gramps used to use that term. He told me its been around and used since the 50's. Hot Rod mag still uses the term today....lol. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

Pimpin Once Again blazer88FastNLo's Avatar
    blueprinted and balanced is excellent your motor will rev quick and the motor wont shake, also you can turn it up to higher rpms it has great advantages. I got my motor 7000 easily it went to 7800 to but it didnt last and rebuild took place
    R.I.P. Allison Campbell R.I.P. Gone But Not Forgotten 1984-2002

Personally, I'f I was going to build a street/strip motor(small block), I'd try to find a 327. Forge it good, build it to make good power to 7-7500 rpm. Then add a big, single turbo. I'd love to be able to rev my 350 to like 8000 rpm. Wish I could come across an old chevy 302
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

ok now my turn, as for the 3/4 cam I laughed my a$$ off.I even heard another term yesterday.A guy came to run me and he said "I have a 300 dump cam" ok what the hell is that!?as for the 327 its no different that a 350 block(same bore) but smaller stroke 3.48 vs 3.25.Yeah a 327 will rev,but a 350 will to,I ran a soild roller 350 and turned it 7500 for over a year before a missed shift found a weakness in the cast crank.A 327 and 350 will make close to the same hp but the 350 will make more torque in a typical build up (one we can afford)

like I was saying 7800rpms and a $80 Set of pushrods ripped in half and some bent that was or weakest link....good bye

one thing i forget to say was this,why build a motor to turn 7500 rpm when on the street you will never see that kinda rpm? do you realize the size cam you have to run to get your peak hp that high in the rpm range? and i could be wrong but I dont think you can buy a hydraulic cam that can turn that high,(a 305 comp goes 7000).You would have to run a soild roller to get that kinda rpm then you would have to run a huge stall comnverter,somewhere around 5500 stall,can you say bye bye street car? build a engine that makes strong power up to 6500 or so and you will be alot happier on the street

Slow Ride
    Hell even a 3000 stall and a good shift kit make city driving difficult. Make sure you match your components to your intended use of the vehicle and driving style.

my brothers tranny was a th350 with a b&m shift kit 2400 stall, the motor had everything match with a big ass solid roller crane cam, he turned it 7800 and blew it up. but what are you talkin about you will never see that kinda rpm on the street.

ever heard of backstreet drag racing and stoplight draggin. especially when money is on the line. my brother pulled the front wheels on the street he he he that was tight he got pulled over though

a 327 should rev quicker than a 350 b/c of the shorter stroke. i would like to have 327 with 3 2 barrel carbs. that would be sweet. but i would have a hard time adjusting then tho

I'd run a manual tranny with that kinda set up for the street.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear

we have a 4-speed saginaw aint the greatest but my brother didnt have the equipment at the time to rig everything for the clutch setup.

One of my best friend's dad had a completely built 327 out of an late 70's firebird. He works at a tranny shop so he was able to use all the tools and pricing and stuff from there and the guy that owns he shop bought a dyno and the motor got dynoed at 428hp at the rear wheels.. I have no idea what all he has done to the engine, but hes trying to find someone to buy it.. I've mad several offers to buy it but he doesn't want to sell it to me because hes convinced I'll "kill myself".. lol.. Oh well, before he parted it out the the firebird I took a ride in it and my god that thing was absolutely sick.. It had a completely built 4l60e hooked up to it and wow this thing was impressive.. Now if I could only get him to sell me the damn motor.. :(
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

You'd need that AWD with that thing, lol. That'd be a screamer
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear

ZZ - dont make me wish anymore than I already am!!! AWD with a 425+hp engine... hmm... Damnit ZZ Now I gotta change my pillow covers I just drooled all over them:bigthumb: :tongue:
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

Can you say 4wd burn out!!!!
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear