Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 338???

Slow Ride
    '69 Camaro DZ was the official 302 car I believe. You can also make a LS1 302 that bastard revs to the sky.

I wish taht I could find one of the Chevy 302's somewhere and drop that in my Bravada.. It would make nice numbers, yeah, but just having that rare of an engine in with an AWD 4 door SUV, agh that would be so nice..
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

Too expensive to find a 302, cheaper to make one.....327's are still hard to find....then all you need is a large journal 283 crank
    America, Love it, or get the hell out!

A lot of guys in the classic truck scene build up 302s. Truck ones of course, since they're a lot better than the car engines when it comes to torque and strength.

I had a chance to buy one but I didn't cuz I didn't need it. If I still had my '50 Chevy PU, I would've put a 302 in it. If you goto the junkyard, just look in either 50's army trucks, big rigs from the 50s, or upto 62 Chevy 1+ tons...they have 302s. They are VERY expensive to build up thou.

Nate

Pimpin Once Again blazer88FastNLo's Avatar
    um dude the motors didnt even come out till like 68-69 how could you find them in the 50 and early 60 model cars, and truck blocks are better than the car 302's um they only came in the camaro. are you looking at ford or chevy here man
    R.I.P. Allison Campbell R.I.P. Gone But Not Forgotten 1984-2002

Pimpin Once Again blazer88FastNLo's Avatar
    get ya mind correct and then come back with a better story
    R.I.P. Allison Campbell R.I.P. Gone But Not Forgotten 1984-2002

GMC 302 inline six. 52-54, and it was a Military engine. It was in other vehicles as well thou. Now if there's a 302 Chevy V8 I don't know what the hell you're talking about. And why the hell would I be talking aobut the F---302...?

Like I said before, it was also found in large trucks in teh early 60s, but it's rare.

Nate
    Last edited by Audiodogg; 08-13-2002 at 09:31 PM.

we are talking bout the v8 302. incredibly rare i believe it was in fact only from 68-69 or somethign like that. very high revving. built to compete in circle track racign or someting. i believe it was rated near 280hp from factory but made more like 400 (or so i hear)
    i think those numbers are close, but my memory aint too great....

Jordan
    1988 s-15 jimmy
    500hp 383
    700r4
    4.10s posi

I don't think I've heard of it. If I have then I probably don't remember cuz it most likely isn't mentioned to often around my family. We are surrounded by 60's Pontiac muscle cars..not Chevys:D

Sounds cool thou. I thought you guys were talking about the inline six which is almost as rare as the V8.

Nate

Slow Ride
    The 302 v8 was designed to run in SCCA w/ the Mustang. The race class rules limited displacement to 5 liters.

That DZ 302 motor had a mechanical solid lift cam in it too. It also had a 850 double pumper carb along with a set of 186 casting GM heads. The CE(over the counter) crate motor was a little different from the DZ factory motor but I cant remember what was different.
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

Originally posted by blazer88FastNLo
    get ya mind correct and then come back with a better story
    BE NICE AND KEEP YOUR COOL, ITS JUST A CONVERSATION !!!!
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

Ahh..sounds very interesting..So does anybody know the exact vehicle(s) that it was put in? Was is just for GM guys, or the public?

Nate

I'm pretty sure that it was in 68-69 camaro Z28's, and i've heard of some stories of it being in some 70's too, just don't know how much truth to that there is.........and no it was available to public, it wasn't a COPO car or engine option....(Central Office Purchase Order, for those who didn't know....that basically meant you were a big wig at GM at the time)
    America, Love it, or get the hell out!

"Central Office Purchase Order (COPO) which essnetially meant you were ordering direct from the assembly line. The COPO order was not a highly publicized process and was only done by a few High Performance Chevrolet Dealerships that were aware of it. You mostly hear about COPOs from Yenko, Gibb and Berger Chevrolet Dealerships to name a few.
    ISRA# 18696

CMA