Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 338???

the block that i got from a buddy of mine. was from 69 camaro that was the same block that they used for the 302,327,350

Originally posted by oldcarguy85
    we are talking bout the v8 302. incredibly rare i believe it was in fact only from 68-69 or somethign like that. very high revving. built to compete in circle track racign or someting. i believe it was rated near 280hp from factory but made more like 400 (or so i hear)
    i think those numbers are close, but my memory aint too great....

Jordan
    I watched a TV show on the old camaros. They said the chevy 302 v8's were made to compete with the mustangs like knudsonm said. They were limited to 302 cubic inches. They might have been factory rated at 280 hp, but they really had like 424-450 hp from factory. They also didn't redline till like 7500 rpm or so.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

i think i saw the same thing as you ZZ4blazer because from what i know is the class they were competeing in had a limit of 305 Cubic Inches.
    Originally posted by bigjsp
    :rolleyes:

Ba - bup - pa pa da dang ga dang dang yi dip ti ta dip - blue moon

shoo be do wop!

Just picture your grandparents "bumping uglies" in the back seat of a 57 chevy

Pimpin Once Again blazer88FastNLo's Avatar
    ok everybody i belive we now know the limit it 5.0 302-305 cui. anyway I also saw the program it came on either speedvision or the history channel.
    R.I.P. Allison Campbell R.I.P. Gone But Not Forgotten 1984-2002

Is COPO still used today by GM big shots, or did it dissapear just like the classic muscle cars did??
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

probably not, back in the day the people who ran those companies were gearheads themselves.....now it seems like its just a bunch of people trying to make a profit, but I'm sure there is some rare bastard cars running around somewhere......just look at GM's toybox.....
    America, Love it, or get the hell out!