Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 355 Still flooding

Originally posted by Superbee
    awww! You HAVE to do that right man!
    I rather set it by ear.

Banned
    well, if your joking haha, if your serious, that isnt going to cut it, If it isnt a 0 the computer isnt going to be able to set the time at the right place.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Originally posted by Superbee
    well, if your joking haha, if your serious, that isnt going to cut it, If it isnt a 0 the computer isnt going to be able to set the time at the right place.
    Well why the fuck does autozone sell timing covers without the dumb timing bracket thing?
    Don't forget my compression is 10.4:1, so I can't really leave my timing perfectly timed, I have to have it retarded some.

It's all about to change winditup57's Avatar
    Originally posted by lycan
    Well why the fuck does autozone sell timing covers without the dumb timing bracket thing?
    Don't forget my compression is 10.4:1, so I can't really leave my timing perfectly timed, I have to have it retarded some.
    Because there are a bunch of different balancers and all the same cover..it is a $5 part...fix it.....there are some things you just cant gerry-rig....timing is one of them...

Originally posted by winditup57
    Because there are a bunch of different balancers and all the same cover..it is a $5 part...fix it.....there are some things you just cant gerry-rig....timing is one of them...
    Is the plate just stick on or what?

no it uses two of the mounting bolts to hold it on..and will only fit in one spot....You will need to know what size balancer you have though....

no it uses two of the mounting bolts to hold it on..and will only fit in one spot....You will need to know what size balancer you have though....
    So they hold on by the mounting bolts? That's cool. I always thought they were welded on.

factory timing tabs are welded on. If you have an aftermarket one on there..they usually dont have them...because of the different balancers...getting a bolt on one will be a hellavalot easier to install than a factory cover at this point...cause you would have to drop the pan down to do it.

edit: I replaced the engine in my work truck and tried the whole ear trick to get me by till I could get the timing light on it..and it ran like shit till then...
    Last edited by winditup57; 03-23-2006 at 10:07 PM.

factory timing tabs are welded on. If you have an aftermarket one on there..they usually dont have them...because of the different balancers...getting a bolt on one will be a hellavalot easier to install than a factory cover at this point...cause you would have to drop the pan down to do it.
    Right. I'll get one as soon as I can afford it.

Now that I have it running again, anyone care to assist me in my wiring problem I have? :D
    When I turn the key, the dash lights up as normal and then goes blank as normal, and if I turn my key off, it should go through the cycle again, but it does not.
    I had to pull my gauge fuse because the fuel pump would run forever and never stop, so obviously there IS a wiring problem.
    What could be supplying the gauges power just enough for the computer to run it's cycle but then not allow it to restart it?

EDIT: Just disconnected my computer and turned the key on with the fuse out: nothing. I put the fuse in and the fuel pump would run until I turned the key off. So I'm thinking I have a problem with power prior to the gauge fuse. I'm not exactly understanding how the gauges and computer "communicate". The gauge fuse should technically have power to it, correct? Which it does. But why would my gauges never turn off?
    Last edited by lycan; 03-24-2006 at 06:44 PM.