Thread: Cowl hood pics...

Cowl hood pics...

hey yall... im re-doing the L-88 cowl scoop on my new hood... and i need to fab up a piece for the rear to close in and reinforce it... does anyone have any pics of the rear opening of their cowl hoods... dont matter what kinda hood it is... just need to get some ideas on how i wanna do it... thx...
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

ok i know that alot of people have cowl hoods... maybe i didnt clarify what im looking for... i need a pic of the opening at the rear part of the cowl by the windshield...most of the steel and fiberglass 1 piece cowl hoods have a mesh type screening... i need to fab up my own screening so its not wide open but will also give some support for the rear part of the cowl since it sagged from the previous owner not installing it correctly...
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

IlluSive XpecTaionS l1ld3v1lrydr's Avatar
    i know its kinda hard to see here, but what my buddy did was just used to stock hood, sectioned *sp* it down the center, and raised it 4in, then in the rear he cut out a flame template and just used that to go along the opening in the back

if u want or need a better pic i can stop over at his house sometime this week and snap a few
    :tongue: w1shf00l th1nk1n' :boink:

4 door love... or... love-in the 4 door... :bigthumb:

that kinda helps a bit... would like to have a pic from the rear... is it straight up from the back edge of the hood or does it slant back to the edge of the cowl edge...
    Build Thread

yea right where the flame starts to split off into the licks, its slightly angled

kewl... if you get a chance would you mind getting a rear shot... i like the idea of the flames... was just gonna do the standard sloted holes... but might get a little creative with it...
    Build Thread

no problem man, if i dont get to his house sometime this week, ill deff be with him saturday since were heading to droptoberfest